Author Topic: Help for home offline computer.  (Read 3341 times)

raikut

Help for home offline computer.
« on: February 18, 2009, 08:17:41 AM »
Hi, I have been using avast for the past one and a half year. Its a great software and i feel satisfied using it.
My problem is that i have a computer in my home which is always offline. I have installed this avast software there in my home computer which is offline. It is working great and i update the database frequently as updates are available.
But i want to update the programme also so i wanted to know weather i can update the program also or not?Please help.

micky77

Re: Help for home offline computer.
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 10:02:38 AM »

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • If at first you don’t succeed; call it version 1.0
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 10:29:09 AM »
If you want to just update the database, the answer above is all you need.
To update the actual program files of your off-line Avast installation, you'll need to download the latest version to a flash drive or CD, then uninstall the old one from the offline computer (please let us know if you need help with that) and install the new from the portable media, then update the database.
Windows 10,Windows Firewall,Firefox w/Adblock.

micky77

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 10:34:03 AM »
Yes, well said. I should have read his post more thoroughly. ;D ;D

twl845

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2009, 04:41:06 PM »
Hi, I have been using avast for the past one and a half year. Its a great software and i feel satisfied using it.
My problem is that i have a computer in my home which is always offline. I have installed this avast software there in my home computer which is offline. It is working great and i update the database frequently as updates are available.
But i want to update the programme also so i wanted to know weather i can update the program also or not?Please help.
If this computer is always off line,(in other words you never go on the internet) why do you need an AV?  :)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2009, 04:51:43 PM »
If this computer is always off line,(in other words you never go on the internet) why do you need an AV?  :)
Well... floppies, USB drives, LAN...
The best things in life are free.

twl845

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2009, 05:52:08 PM »
Well... floppies, USB drives, LAN...
Ah! good point, if you get into incoming of those.