Author Topic: some of shields doesn't run  (Read 4547 times)

freekarol

some of shields doesn't run
« on: March 31, 2009, 11:55:09 AM »
Everytime when I have to reboot my computer some of shields of Avast doesn't run so I have to reboot my pc again and then it is ok. I guess there is a problem with free Zone Alarm firewall because after rebooting pc Zone Alarm wants to run at the same time like Avast. Don't you know what can I do about this problem?

Offline Confused Computer User

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • The answer is 42
Re: some of shields doesn't run
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 01:34:31 PM »
hmh... very strange. Usually the only problems I found existed with firewalls and Anti -Viruses was that they would not be able to update.
Well the only thing that I can say is that you can try to make avast start after other programs and see what happens. To do this go to the bottom right corner of your screen and look for the small blue avast spinning ball. It's a small round icon with a "a" on it.

Right click on it and select Program Settings from the menu.

Select Troubleshooting on the left side of the window that pops up (it's at the bottom of the list)

and put a check mark next to the option: "Delay loading of avast!..."

See if this solves the issue and reply back with findings.
Computer Systems:

Intel Pentium 4 641 / 2GB RAM / Vista Home Basic SP2 / avast! 5.0 Home / SAS Free / MBAM Free / Windows Defender / Windows Firewall / Spyware Blaster/ Secunia PSI / Firefox 3.6 / Opera 10.5

Core2Duo T8300 / 4GB RAM / Vista Home Premium SP2 (32 bit version) / Same Software.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 12:33:55 AM »
Are you using the free version of ZoneAlarm? Aren't any ZA providers conflicting with avast?
The best things in life are free.

freekarol

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2009, 01:19:45 PM »
Setting "Delay loading of Avast" helped Avast to work properly but Zone Alarm didn't run so I had to restart pc. My free Zone Alarm just wants to run first but Avast wants to run first too so... I disabled autorun of Zone Alarm and now it is ok. Of course I must run Zone Alarm manually.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2009, 02:05:58 PM »
Setting "Delay loading of Avast" helped Avast to work properly but Zone Alarm didn't run so I had to restart pc. My free Zone Alarm just wants to run first but Avast wants to run first too so... I disabled autorun of Zone Alarm and now it is ok. Of course I must run Zone Alarm manually.
Try Startup Delayer.
This freeware controls the windows startup (Windows 98\Me\2k\XP\Vista) that does not follow a strict order.

You can set some applications to start very after the boot (logon) itself.  ;)

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • The answer is 42
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2009, 02:13:31 PM »
Interesting suggestion. I always used msconfig to sort my start up... sorry sort is  the wrong word (stop is better). That ususaly speeds up the start-up but would not be of much help in this case. Have you tried this Freeware Tech?
Thanks
Computer Systems:

Intel Pentium 4 641 / 2GB RAM / Vista Home Basic SP2 / avast! 5.0 Home / SAS Free / MBAM Free / Windows Defender / Windows Firewall / Spyware Blaster/ Secunia PSI / Firefox 3.6 / Opera 10.5

Core2Duo T8300 / 4GB RAM / Vista Home Premium SP2 (32 bit version) / Same Software.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2009, 03:20:41 PM »
Have you tried this Freeware Tech?
Startup Delayer does the job better, allowing on and off, timed delays...
MSConfig will work in other circumstances, like disabling services, deep OS configurations, etc., which Startup Delayer does not deal with.

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • The answer is 42
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2009, 03:33:27 PM »
One more question tech.

On download.com It's classified as free to try. Is there a time limit?

http://download.cnet.com/Startup-Delayer/3000-2344_4-10068235.html
Computer Systems:

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2009, 03:34:49 PM »
One more question tech.

On download.com It's classified as free to try. Is there a time limit?

http://download.cnet.com/Startup-Delayer/3000-2344_4-10068235.html
Strange. Never has this issue. Seems to be an error. It's a freeware, no limitations.

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • The answer is 42
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2009, 03:38:00 PM »
Excellent...I'll give it a try as well later on... thanks
Computer Systems:

yishigeshihua

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2009, 04:10:17 PM »
 :-X  Able to use Chinese 呵!

freekarol

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2009, 03:51:05 PM »
Try Startup Delayer.
This freeware controls the windows startup (Windows 98\Me\2k\XP\Vista) that does not follow a strict order.

You can set some applications to start very after the boot (logon) itself.  ;)

So the Startup Delayer software solved my problem. Thanks a lot for your help  ;D

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2009, 03:51:44 PM »
So the Startup Delayer software solved my problem. Thanks a lot for your help  ;D
You're welcome. Feel free to come back any time you need help or just to change experiences 8)