Author Topic: HP Total Care Advisor  (Read 6014 times)

calicoquette

HP Total Care Advisor
« on: June 06, 2009, 08:39:41 PM »
I have a new HP Pavilion Computer. In the HP Total  Care Advisor which is to monitor all systems on my computer, it has a critical warning that I have no virus protection.(Everything else-firewall,etc. is ok) Yet in the security Center of Windows Vista, it says I have malware protection with Avast. Could this be because I uninstalled the Norton Anti-Virus  Software that came bundled with the computer? It is puzzling.
  Thank you!

Mr.Agent

Re: HP Total Care Advisor
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2009, 08:43:12 PM »
Did you remove Norton Anti Virus from your control panel and boot then run the removal tools of norton anti virus then boot then install avast! ?

When i did having my cpu i did this and its worked very well.

Mr.Agent

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2009, 12:06:16 AM »
If you did not uninstall Norton correctly and completely, avast will have troubles on installation and Windows Security Center could alert this.
The best things in life are free.

calicoquette

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2009, 02:18:10 AM »
I installed Avast before I uninstalled Norton completely, and had several problems. Norton is now uninstalled with the Norton Uninstall tool. Should I reinstall avast?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2009, 02:31:32 AM »
Is everything running as it should, if so then it should be OK, but there would no harm in reinstalling to ensure avast installed properly.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD - 27" external monitor 1440p 2560x1440 resolution - avast! free  24.9.6130 (build 24.9.9452.762) UI 1.0.818/ Firefox, uBlock Origin Lite, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2009, 02:43:21 AM »
I installed Avast before I uninstalled Norton completely, and had several problems. Norton is now uninstalled with the Norton Uninstall tool. Should I reinstall avast?
You need an antivirus, if you want a suggestion, avast ;)
The best things in life are free.

Offline calcu007

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
  • I'm lamma!
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2009, 08:16:48 PM »
I have a new HP Pavilion Computer. In the HP Total  Care Advisor which is to monitor all systems on my computer, it has a critical warning that I have no virus protection.(Everything else-firewall,etc. is ok) Yet in the security Center of Windows Vista, it says I have malware protection with Avast. Could this be because I uninstalled the Norton Anti-Virus  Software that came bundled with the computer? It is puzzling.
  Thank you!

HP care advisor sometimes detected programs as out dated even if it is the last version, you can disable the warning.
Asus Intel i7 8GB RAM , Win 8.1 64 bit, Avast IS