Author Topic: Dropper  (Read 3752 times)

bfranklin

Dropper
« on: August 04, 2009, 04:11:09 AM »
Hi

I am having a problem with some malware called (I think this is all of it):

Win32:rtdasr.exe\install.exe (Drp) or Dropper

My avast will recognize it, but will not delete it or take it to the chest.  I have about 10 of them in my computer (I think).

Please help!!!

Jtaylor83

Re: Dropper
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 05:01:49 AM »
MBAM should cover it.

bfranklin

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2009, 05:10:53 AM »
I already have malwarebytes.  I like it and avast because they both do a great job and they seem to peacefully coexist, something a lot of anti-malware programs won't do.

I've run both avast and malwarebytes on my computer.  Both recognized the dropper, both flag that it's there, but neither will delete it or let me get rid of it.

What should I do???

Jake51

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2009, 05:46:04 AM »
Any luck with your problem?  I scanned with Malwarebytes today and it detected a virus called win32:malob-c(cryp) and I don't know how to get rid of it .  Any ideas??

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • If at first you don’t succeed; call it version 1.0
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2009, 07:00:06 AM »
bfranklin,
What I'd try:
- delete all temp files and temporary internet files.
- a boot scan with Avast.
- a full scan with MBAM. Following this scan, a list of scanned items should appear for removal. Select all, and select "remove" (quarantine) and MBAM may then report something to the effect of "some items unable to be removed and will be removed on restart" and if that happens, restart promptly.
Report back here.

Jake51
Different issue (though similar, I guess.) You should start your own new topic in this sub forum, so as not to confuse anyone (helper or helpee) with this thread.
Windows 10,Windows Firewall,Firefox w/Adblock.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2009, 02:09:02 PM »
<snip>
I've run both avast and malwarebytes on my computer.  Both recognized the dropper, both flag that it's there, but neither will delete it or let me get rid of it.

Why can't you get rid of it, what errors are displayed, file in use etc. ?
If you have XP, vista32bit or Win2k, you could enable a boot time scan as Targ57 mentioned.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.6.6121 (build 24.6.9241.848) UI 1.0.809/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security