Author Topic: Regrets  (Read 1902 times)

philip brampton

Regrets
« on: December 03, 2012, 01:09:46 PM »
Sadly i have decided to leave Avast.
The counters on the shields were driving me to distraction. Sometimes they worked and sometimes they didn't.
I would like to thank all the people who tried to help.Sadly the problem could not fixed.
I will return at a later date when there is a new version,when hopefully the problem will be sorted.
Best regards.
Philip Brampton

Nesivos

Re: Regrets
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 04:31:39 PM »
Sadly i have decided to leave Avast.
The counters on the shields were driving me to distraction.
Sometimes they worked and sometimes they didn't.
I would like to thank all the people who tried to help.Sadly the problem could not fixed.
I will return at a later date when there is a new version,when hopefully the problem will be sorted.
Best regards.
Philip Brampton

Over the last couple of years I have read on this forum all kinds of reasons given by users for uninstalling avast!.    This is the first time that I have read that someone is uninstalling avast! because the real-time shields counters don't work right.    My only question to the OP is how did you know if they ever worked correctly?

Counters are nice embellishments but that is about all.    Heck the avast! counters aren't even on the main GUI.   They are a sub-category under Real-Time Shiields.  Personally I never look at them unless several or more people post that a certain real-time shield is not working with such and such a version of Firefox.   Since I remain on the Firefox beta channel there are not a lot of posters here talking about Firefox's latest beta and the real-time shield counters.