Author Topic: OMG HELP ME!!!! and rejects the L key...  (Read 2350 times)

reesea

OMG HELP ME!!!! and rejects the L key...
« on: October 07, 2009, 06:29:03 PM »
Ok so I wanted to upgrade my protection on my computer..I had the free Avast but had noticed that my computer was getting slower and I wanted to protect my PC a little better...so I ordered the PRO edition and now my computer is a mess!! The licence key does not work and as soon as I loaded it onto my computewr the little icon in the right hand corner got a red cross through it (like the no smoking sign)...that went on for a couple days..with my computer getting loads of popups and being super slow..and then I came home yesterday and my computer had just completly blue screened.....no nothing...just blue....so I shut it down and put it in safe mode and still ...nothing.....reboot...nothing.....Im not good at computers at all...but I did something and it made my computer work again..but now I have no audio and the avast is still not protecting my pc and the licence key wont work and its impossible to get ahold of the company....can anyone help me with this how do I get the audio back..it says there is not audio device?? and how do I get ahold of avast about the licence key??

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: OMG HELP ME!!!! and rejects the L key...
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 09:53:50 PM »
Where did you buy the key?
Please take a look here: http://www.avast.com/eng/faq-invalid-license-number.html
The best things in life are free.

bobo1

Re: OMG HELP ME!!!! and rejects the L key...
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 10:37:45 PM »
Hi
What operating system are you on Xp or Vista?.
1 If you can use the internet download ASWCLEAR run it and reboot computer. 2 If your sound is still not working you will need your Xp CD ROM or Vista CD Rom disk to do a repair of the operating system by booting from the Xp CD ROM Disc and chosing repair of XP Installation or Vista?.
3 If sound is ok after reboot download avast free again and get a new key from avast website