Author Topic: Restore Chest for False Positives Not Working  (Read 4868 times)

SafeSurf

Restore Chest for False Positives Not Working
« on: December 03, 2009, 06:35:56 AM »
After today's Avast update, I also got the Win32: Delf-MZG alert on almost everything on my machine.  Initially I was putting things into the Avast Chest before I realized something's not right.  So I tried to click Restore to put the items that were in the Chest back where they belong so my machine would be usable again, but they still appear in my Chest even though I got a message that the Restore was successful.  Am I doing something wrong or is this a flaw with Avast because of this mess?

Any item that I had renamed and put in the Chest has been corrupted...like my firewall (REALLY unhappy!). 

I'm running MBAM and using another PC since I have disabled Avast until a fix is done, and I have to reinstall my firewall.  Thanks.

SafeSurf

Re: Restore Chest for False Positives Not Working
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2009, 09:01:18 AM »
According to Vlk, he reported in another area of the forum to do the following to restore items in the Virus Chest:

"Right-click the files [in the Virus Chest] and use the Restore command."  Items will remain in the Virus Chest, however.  I hope this information helps others since the mods. have their hands full right now.  Thank you.

Telstar

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2009, 09:13:37 AM »
I happened upon this thread right after I just posted a new topic about the same Virus Chest issue:
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=51652.0

So, do I just leave the 96 items I have in my Avast's Virus Chest or is it ok to delete them since they are all the result of the false positive alarm and have "apparently" now been Restored?

In other words, if those files are deleted from the Virus Chest are they also deleted from my system thereby rendering the associated Applications and Programs inoperable?

Thanks!

:)

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2009, 09:16:24 AM »
I'd wait with any delete operations until you double-check everything is back to normal.

You can always delete them later.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

SafeSurf

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2009, 09:38:37 AM »
Sounds like a good idea. 

Issue resolved.

krys76

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2009, 09:42:04 AM »
I was filled with quarantine, and by mistake I chose the option probably "move". Where files can be. Where transferred. (not a question of quarantine)

SafeSurf

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2009, 09:47:28 AM »
They should be in your Virus Chest.  If you click on Virus Chest, so you see them there?