Author Topic: Moved file but where?  (Read 4094 times)

Verbina

Moved file but where?
« on: June 21, 2004, 04:13:56 PM »
I am running OS Win Xp and I must say that I really like Avast.  

I ran a boot scan with Avast yesterday and it came up with a Trojan Gen.  It could not be healed or deleted.  But it was able to be moved.  My only problem is where is moved to in such a case?  Will it likely show up in another place in the computer then?  Somewhere easier to get rid of?

And also, tell me if I am wrong, but if the virus shows up in a file named system restore, it is going to keep coming back until I disable the restore and scan again?  Just want to make sure I am doing this right.  I read the tips post by whocares and plan on following it to the letter once I print it out.  Just trying to make sure I understand it all correctly.

Thank you.

Stephan123

Re:Moved file but where?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2004, 10:13:40 PM »
it is in the viruschest i think.Start Avast by right clicking the animated ball  and click on start avast antivirus and if he started go to the viruschest

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2004, 09:28:38 AM »
If you moved the file, it was moved to the <avast4>\Data\moved folder - it's possible that it will be detected here again when you scan your hard disk.
If you moved the file to Chest, it's hidden inside the avast! Chest (and it's encrypted, so you won't find it again during a routine scan of your disk).

Verbina

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2004, 08:01:11 PM »
Thanks.  I found it now and was able to get rid of it.

The only problem I am having now is that the Norton that I also have in here refuses to do updates.  Could the Avast be preventing that from working?  The avast scan is comingup clean now each time I have done it so ...I am stumped.  My husband wants to keep the Norton since we bought it just recently but it is being very stubborn on me right now.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2004, 08:03:58 PM »
Running Norton and avast! on Windows XP simultaneously? Quite dangerous, I must say... Even though I doubt avast! prevents Norton from updating, it certainly may cause other kind of conflicts (freezing the computer, etc). But if you say it works...
« Last Edit: June 22, 2004, 08:04:11 PM by igor »

Verbina

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2004, 08:19:53 PM »
The Norton is only scanning e-mail at the moment but as it won't do updates I am planning on removing it.  Now how can I break it to my husband that he spent that money for nothing?  :  sigh :

As of yet, there have been no problems save for the update thing.  But as I said, I am leaning towards removing it now.  Not a big fan of it anyway since it never even found the virus I did have.