Author Topic: intermitant internet service since i used avast !  (Read 1612 times)

dave javu

intermitant internet service since i used avast !
« on: January 06, 2010, 04:58:17 PM »
hello,

i am new to avast,sofar i like it,however i seem to have a problem with being disconnected from the net on a tempoary basis whilst the avast is scanning.

i run it on two laptops,one that i use for gameing which runs on windows XP and one which runs on vista that i have set up to run all of my media,tv,films,youtube etc...

now iam assuming it is avast cuasing the poroblem because every time i get dissed i notice avast is running a scan..

on the laptop that runs XP i have an option to set times for all the scans but the real time sheild does its scan reguardless of the setting,i believe it is this i am having a problem with...its the same on the other laptop that runs vista,however there do not seem to be any options in the vista version to set times for your scans so on that one not only am i up against the real time scan im up against all the scans that seem to randomly scan when ever they want too.

the upshot of this is that i am constantly every hour being (just for a second) cut offline,the problem is that every time it happens i end up either losing what ever i was watching at the time or leaving it on a permanent buffer that never buffers due to link  being sethered by the scan...a lot of tv i watch is live as it would be on most peoples tv except i stream it all...
or when on my game that i play it means being ripped off the gaming server and having to relog into the game...

now i am not a total computor literate person i make my way i am learning but this has got me stumped!!!

would apreciate any help

dave javu