Author Topic: Changes being made to my computer? Malware?  (Read 2929 times)

Offline Misuzu

Changes being made to my computer? Malware?
« on: March 10, 2010, 04:59:55 PM »
Recently ever since my family member tried to use her E-mail from another website (She don't want to get malware from Verizon so she chose to simply click the "E-Mail" button on E-Bay to E-mail someone she bought something from), Google tool bars have been appearing without anyone's permission and Google-related items started to apparently try to change some things on my computer, or that's what Windows Defender told me. Our main page on IE (Even though I don't use it much) got changed from our original web page (It was a weather reports website) to Google without anyone's permission. (We do use Google-related things though) And my family member said when she went on to IE that it said that the "Protected Mode: Off" and usually it's turned on.

But today, instead of the "items" in Windows Defender being from Google, windows defender didn't know where they was from. I
"denied" the items that was trying to change things on my family's computer. Windows Defender asked me to restart my computer to:

"Get rid of spyware and other unwanted programs"

So I did. But this has been happening recently. Windows Defender has told me many times that things have been changed on my computer. But Avast hasn't detected anything yet and I did a up-to-date quick scan with MBAM and it didn't find anything either.

Could this be malware/virus?
Thanks in advance!
|  Free Avast!   |  Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (Both up-to-date) |

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Changes being made to my computer? Malware?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 05:13:21 PM »
you have probably installed or updated a program that also have a toolbar, like java update or CCleaner or..........
You will fiend the google toolbar in Ad/remove programs and it can be uninstalled

Offline Misuzu

Re: Changes being made to my computer? Malware?
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 07:46:22 PM »
you have probably installed or updated a program that also have a toolbar, like java update or CCleaner or..........
You will fiend the google toolbar in Ad/remove programs and it can be uninstalled

Oh okay thank you!
I will do that.

;D
|  Free Avast!   |  Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (Both up-to-date) |