Author Topic: Behaviour + web shield issues  (Read 2173 times)

stormbringer

Behaviour + web shield issues
« on: June 01, 2010, 07:25:23 PM »
Hey. recently bought a new hard drive and made a fresh install of xp + sp3.

I have avast version 5.0.545.

The behaviour shield:
Slows everything down. going between 2 different images in photoshop takes 10 seconds, even seem to slow down the rate pictures are rendered to the screen. opening a web browser, makes it unresponsive for 5-10 seconds. as soon as the shield is off, everything works quick as normal.

The web shield:
Seems to give my internet connection quite some problems, logs me out from msn messenger, page not found while trying to access google or any other page, but seems to do it quite randomly for some reason. Just making the connection unstable.

Been fooling around a bit with settings and narrowed the problems down to what shields are causing them. but this was ok a few days ago. not sure if theres a recent windows or program update conflicting or what the problem might be. Any clues?

YoKenny

Re: Behaviour + web shield issues
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 11:02:52 PM »
Is it XP Home or Pro ???

How much RAM does the system have?

Photoshop CS3 needs lots of RAM.

stormbringer

Re: Behaviour + web shield issues
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 02:58:01 AM »
Well, full specs:
XP pro
2 gb ram
pentium D 830 (2x3.0 ghz)
gfx geforce 7800 GTX

No ram problem, it's not caching really when switching, it's just insanely slow. tried same procedure after i read your post. Fired up a bunch of webpages, audio player, visual studio and photoshop. worked perfectly with shield off. and horrible speed with shield on.