Author Topic: Avast does not start!!  (Read 3565 times)

Gowtham

Avast does not start!!
« on: July 04, 2010, 04:11:28 PM »
When my syste boots , i get this error
AvastUI.exe - Bad Image

The application or DLL C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast5\aswAux.dll is not a valid Windows Image.Please check this against your installation diskette.

I reinstalled Avast !
But the same error again.
AvstSrv.exe is not running!!
Help :( :( :(

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Avast does not start!!
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2010, 05:27:18 PM »
This error has in the past been associated with malware/rootkit Bagle, which is designed to kill your AV.

- GMER Anti-Rootkit
    GMER Rootkit Scanner - Download - Homepage
    • Download GMER
    • Extract the contents of the zipped file to desktop.
    • Double click GMER.exe.

• If it gives you a warning about rootkit activity and asks if you want to run a full scan...click on NO, then use the following settings for a more complete scan..
    • In the right panel, you will see several boxes that have been checked. Ensure the following are UNCHECKED ...
      • IAT/EAT
      • Drives/Partition other than Systemdrive (typically C:\)
      • Show All (don't miss this one)

Click the image to enlarge it
    • Then click the Scan button & wait for it to finish.
    • Once done click on the [Save..] button, and in the File name area, type in "ark.txt" 
    • Save the log where you can easily find it, such as your desktop.
    **Caution**
    Rootkit scans often produce false positives. Do NOT take any action on any "<--- ROOKIT" entries

Please copy and paste the report into your Post.

If you haven't already got this software (freeware), download, install, update and run it and report the findings (it should product a log file).

Don't worry about reported tracking cookies they are a minor issue and not one of security, allow SAS to deal with them though. - See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_cookie.
    Also available a portable version of SAS, http://www.superantispyware.com/portablescanner.html, no installation required.
    Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.6.6121 (build 24.6.9241.848) UI 1.0.809/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Gowtham

Re: Avast does not start!!
    « Reply #2 on: July 06, 2010, 01:56:01 PM »
    Thank you
    I found out HijackThisLog that i had a malware
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shell\open\command\"%1" %*
    it executes this
    Malware Bytes showa no  malware !!
    « Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 02:10:55 AM by Gowtham »