Author Topic: Free version update  (Read 2554 times)

TomBerkeley

Free version update
« on: July 15, 2010, 07:25:18 AM »
I have been getting a message that my free version of Avast is about to expire. After I download the new version, the download screen disappears, but I see nothing else. The next time I turn on my computer, it again tells me the free version is about to expire. I can find no .exe files that have been downloaded to run to finalize the update. What should I do?

Thanks,
Tom

Dch48

Re: Free version update
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2010, 08:13:50 AM »
Go to maintenance and registration in the Avast! UI, There should be a way to reregister for another year.

GloobyGoob

Re: Free version update
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2010, 08:57:45 AM »
Go to maintenance and registration in the Avast! UI, There should be a way to reregister for another year.
That only works for version 5, TomBerkeley likely has version 4 because 5 was only out for 6 months, and the licese expires in a year.

I can find no .exe files that have been downloaded to run to finalize the update. What should I do?
You probably saved it to a location you can't find. Click Start, and in the Start Search, type in setup_av_free.exe. If you need to redownload it, go here and download the setup. Run it if you can, or save it to a location you can easily find (like the desktop). If you need more help with installation and registration, see this short tutorial video