Author Topic: Avast & MMO Gaming  (Read 3056 times)

jmyco

Avast & MMO Gaming
« on: August 25, 2010, 04:04:53 PM »
Hello,

I am having issues using the purchased version of Avast! Internet Security and a game, being Gates of Andaron. I'm sure this may effect other games as well. When I try to play Gates of Andaron, the client loads and continues to load for about a half hour until it decides it cannot connect. This is with the firewall on. When I turn the firewall off, it will load and I can play. I have configured the firewall to accept all connection, both ingoing and outgoing, for this game. I have even contacted customer suport regarding this and even they said  I cannot play the game with the Avast! Internet Security Firewall.

Is there any way in Hell I can play this game with the firewall? Any suggestions?
Here is the site for the game I am refering to:
http://gatesofandaron.com/

Thanks.

Gargamel360

Re: Avast & MMO Gaming
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 06:55:38 PM »
Well, the company says it wont work with AIS firewall, so maybe this is true.  You could try deleting its entry/rules, reboot, then run the program again to force the FW to ask you to re-establish access.  That is about all I can think of myself.

CharleyO

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2010, 08:04:03 PM »

I would not play any game that does not allow the use of a firewall.

To do so is just asking for trouble and, sooner or later, you will get that trouble.

antonyburgess

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2010, 11:56:10 PM »
if you cant use avast's firewall with that game then its the devlopers  problem not avast!, i wouldnt trust that game myself.