Author Topic: number of definitions  (Read 3256 times)

markcvmg

number of definitions
« on: August 14, 2004, 05:42:52 PM »
Out of curiousity how many programs/files does Avast protect against? I really love the program by the way:7

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re:number of definitions
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2004, 06:49:11 PM »
Hi markcvmg, welcome to the forums.

This has been discused a number of times and the conclusion is that, the numbers are meaningless when different methods of counting the total are different for virtually each AV company. This makes comparision virtually useless. The real proof is in the in the wild protection your AV provides - and as you have said "you love the program" - join the happy band.

If you are still courious (remember it killed the cat), a search of the forums should return some further information.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD - 27" external monitor 1440p 2560x1440 resolution - avast! free  24.9.6130 (build 24.9.9452.762) UI 1.0.818/ Firefox, uBlock Origin Lite, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

markcvmg

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2004, 05:54:11 AM »
alright thanks, i was just curious. I did a quick search but didnt see anything so i figured I would post, thanks for the reply, but yeah like you and many others say Avast is great. I was looking for a new AV program and was quite suprised to see an AV prog. on download.com with a 94% rating; generally some people are very harsh on even great programs, esp. when it comes to comp security,etc.

Staind

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2004, 09:41:36 AM »
I couldn't find anything either with the search. Point us in the right direction?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2004, 02:43:39 PM »
Well I did a simple search on just one of the words in your subject "definitions".

I only searched 4 forums (the ones most likely), off-topic, general, home and pro and virus and worms forums.

That returned 50 hits (and that I believe is a limit of the search settings or in your profile), there are probably more, so the information is out there, it's just learning how to use the tools. Now not all of those posts will be relevant, but there are many which are.

If you are going to post, you choose a subject for your thread/message query; try using some of the wording in your subject (not all of them). This is after all what you are seeking help with.

Try a search using similar wording. Be general (as I did with definitions) at first and if that returns too much information, you can narrow your search by adding additional words.

David
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD - 27" external monitor 1440p 2560x1440 resolution - avast! free  24.9.6130 (build 24.9.9452.762) UI 1.0.818/ Firefox, uBlock Origin Lite, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security