Author Topic: 3 Viruses Found  (Read 16492 times)

ekitchens

Re: 3 Viruses Found
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2010, 04:53:23 PM »
Hi essexboy,

Did exactly as you said and no problems to report!

Thank you so much for all of your help. I'm 8 1/2 months pregnant so the last thing I wanted to do right now was have to reformat my hard drive!! Thanks for saving me from all that.  ;D

ekitchens

« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2010, 06:32:56 PM »
Hmm....as soon as I say that...

I'm sitting here on YouTube when Java opens up on its own. Then Windows DEP closes my browser and says it's trying to protect me from malicious code.

Any idea what that's all about?

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2010, 09:34:12 PM »
Very probably it was a java script from youtube trying to do something it shouldn't

I believe you have Java 6 update 22 so it should be OK - If yet get a further occurence of this let me know and I will get my big hammer out

ekitchens

« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2010, 01:14:00 AM »
Thanks again, essexboy. I'll keep an eye on it. Fingers crossed all will be quiet!  ;)

Raylene

« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2010, 10:58:23 PM »
Hi to all and many thanks for all the replies and help. Don`t shoot me Im just a researcher of different things in life (bio pharmaceutical).
Okay I have attempted to download many programs being advised here I however am unable to download them due to the OS I run. I will be at the end of the year retiring this old trusty machine and yes I will honestly miss it. For those interested IE6 was a life saver and I mean that in just that manner. I do understand change is always a living, breathing, thing within itself. In the meantime I am wondering if I need to install and run a malware program to rid myself of trojans and the like. I do still have those nasty little devils in my VC as I run Avast 4.8 and of course IE6 with the latest service pak and micro downloaded security patches. All six of the viruses have been in VC for a while and the last two was put there well over a week ago. I suspect I should just delete them from my VC and be done with them? I do run Win Me on this machine and therefore need a malware program that will effectively run on this machine. You know a few years back I attempted to install Win XP on this machine and it did not work and for reasons I am not sure of of so Win Me was installed back on it. I just have to accept machines that are issued to me. I am not asking for a miracle please understand. I also have attempted to upgrade this IE6 but always am told "not supported on my OS" so I terminate the process and think okay I will try another time. Does anyone know of a better browser that is compatible with Win Me? Thank you and much love and light. BTW Happy Halloween to all......Savannah

SafeSurf

« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2010, 11:01:11 AM »
@ ekitchens,

When you feel that your issue is now resolved/fixed, please go back to the first open post in this topic, click the modify button in that Post and change the title/subject, add [Resolved] to the beginning of the title so this thread can be closed since you are the original OP.

Feel free to come back any time you need help, to learn something new, or just to ask questions.  We are here 24/7 for your convenience.  Thank you.  :)