Author Topic: Solved: Virus updates.  (Read 1937 times)

Davy

Solved: Virus updates.
« on: November 14, 2010, 11:13:54 AM »
Avast pro 5.0.677
Virus def. 10113-0

Avast status window says my virus defs. are out of date 10113-0 in red is displayed... yet when I update I am being told my defs. are up to date and the current version is 10113-1.

Thinking this may be a glitch would I be better waiting to see what the next update brings?

Dave
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 05:18:36 PM by Davy »

SafeSurf

Re: Virus updates.
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2010, 11:27:45 AM »
Usually in situations like this a simple reboot of the machine fixes this.  If not, wait until the next Avast update. 

Should you still have problems, you can do an Avast Repair:
- Go to Control Panel > Add/Remove programs > Avast Antivirus.
- Scroll down and choose Repair function in the pop-up window.
- Reboot.

But I think your problem will be fixed the next time you turn your machine on.  Let us know if you still have problems.  Thank you.

Davy

Re: Virus updates.
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2010, 01:20:57 PM »
Yep, thanks SafeSurf all sorted.... virus def. just updated this very minute and cleared the error.

Virus defs. now 101114-0.

Thank you for the response, regards dave

SafeSurf

[RESOLVED] Re: Virus updates.
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2010, 09:46:53 AM »
Glad to hear things are working well again.

Now that your issue is resolved/fixed, please go back to the first open post in this topic, click the modify button in that Post and change the title/subject, add [Resolved] to the beginning of the title so this thread can be closed. 

Feel free to come back any time you need help, to learn something new, or just to ask questions.  We are here 24/7 for your convenience.  Thank you for allowing me to assist you.