Author Topic: WebRep Module  (Read 3227 times)

rogo

WebRep Module
« on: November 25, 2011, 02:50:45 AM »
I am running firefox 8.0 always  in the sandbox virtualized. When I close firefox, WebRep disappears than close and reopen firefox it asks to install WebRep again. This is a on going problem any suggestions please??? ???

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: WebRep Module
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2011, 11:20:04 AM »
Install WebRep running the browse outside of the sandbox, then enable the sandbox and run the browser.
The best things in life are free.

rogo

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2011, 01:54:17 PM »
Install WebRep running the browse outside of the sandbox, then enable the sandbox and run the browser.
Hi Tech:
  Did as you suggested, did not work, any-other suggestions????  It seems to me that the problem is directed at Firefox not Avast, because I installed the module outside of the sandbox first. Than virtualized the browser, however the problem still exists the module will be missing the add ons for firefox.....when I open and close firefox a few times than it will ask to install.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 02:59:56 PM by rogo »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2011, 06:40:14 PM »
Well... In details...
1. Install out of the sandbox.
2. Close and start firefox out of the sandbox.
3. Does WebRep work?
The best things in life are free.

Offline Rednose

• Pirate Party Member
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Bits of Freedom : https://www.bof.nl
    • Nederlandstalig Avast! forum
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2011, 07:22:52 PM »
Indeed install WebRep out of the Sandbox, and deletie the contents of the Sandbox before you Sandbox Firefox again : Additional Potection - Sandbox - Expert Settings - Web Browsers - Delete Contents

Greetz, Red.
Real Time: Avast Premium Security
On Demand: Malwarebytes
VPN: NordVPN ( NordLynx ) with Threat Protection ( Lite )

rogo

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2011, 12:27:25 AM »
Well I did exactly as you stated in your thread, it did not work. Still having the problem with it losing it in firefox and than having to inIstall again???  I am stumped ???  What else do you suggest???  Its not a great problem, however something is causing this and I can't figure it out!!!! ???

rogo

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2011, 02:06:12 AM »
Fellows
   Thanks for trying to help I appreciate it, but I figured it out why it was happening. In addition to adding Firefox exe to run virtualized I needed to add firefox plug in container. Now everything runs smooth.  ;D