Author Topic: Win32:JunkPoly-B  (Read 1845 times)

fishbowl231

Win32:JunkPoly-B
« on: February 05, 2011, 07:39:03 PM »
Hello all,
I recently formatted my computer with the restoration discs the computer manufacturer gave me just to start all over. I used a flash drive to upload avast, malwarebytes and firefox. I did a boot scan with Avast and it came up with hits for Win32:JunkPoly-B in 3 different files all within the 'Online Services' folder that HP came with. I thought my flash drive had a virus on it, so I re-formatted the computer and just downloaded Avast, Malwarebytes and firefox through the internet. Avast automatically blocked three files:
C:Program Files\Online Services\PeoplePC\ISP5900\System infected with JunkPoly-B 
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\(E5A8DDAB-AE80-48C6-A75B-D0FAB83B299D)\setup infected with Malware-gen
C:\hp\bin infected with KillApp [PUP]

I'm assuming that it was not my flash drive that infected my computer at this point since Junk Poly-B showed up again but can't explain why it didn't show up 3 times like it did the first time I formatted it. I sent all these files to the virus chest but don't know what to do about it now. From what I've read, JunkPoly-B seems to be a pretty serious threat to my computer. I haven't downloaded all the Windows updates yet as was unsure of these viruses. I don't have any of the logs yet but can't attach them later on if need be. Thanks in advance

Offline mikaelrask

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Re: Win32:JunkPoly-B
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 07:16:51 PM »
welcome to the forum.

yhea the logs would be good if you posted also. plus your computer information: os

if the infection come from the flash memory lets clean that out then.

http://research.pandasecurity.com/panda-usb-vaccine-version-1-0-1-4/ using a tool like this to clean your usb memory.

a boot scan might be agood one aswell to see if avast is detecting anything.

http://www.schmahl.net/avastbootscan.php- instructions on how to make a boot scan of avast v 5.

good luck and let us know on the progress or if you need more support.
Windows 8.1 amd a10-5700 64 bit
12 GB ram 1 tb hard drive. Avast 18, MBAM