Author Topic: ADNM Windows 7 and Freezing problems.  (Read 4754 times)

mcai8rw2

ADNM Windows 7 and Freezing problems.
« on: February 15, 2011, 01:43:48 PM »
Hello,

I've installed the demo license on our work PCs here. There are a number of XP stations and Win7 Stations, all of which are managed by a Win2008R2 server and ADNM. I have two issues, which unless I can sort out will prevent me from finally purchasing Avast for our business here.

1. Windows 7 push deployment does not work.

Even using the DOMAIN ADMIN log ins, and with firewall turned off (default in our domain policy) Windows 7 push fails every time. I have verified that all network sharing settings are accurate (according to the literature), and i can successfully see each windows 7 c$ share. Also, running setup.exe manually does not work. It simply does not present an installation screen.

2. Certain XP stations freeze-up at 12:00 - 12:10 every day.

The push installation on XP works, but i have seen that at 12:00 - 12:10 every day the PCs freeze and become unresponsive. I have to HARD RESET each PC to get it to work again.

I think it is one of the default on-access providers that is causing this.

Would any member of the avast team be able to help me 1. Fix the Windows 7 push problem. or 2. Help me diagnose the freezing problem. or 3. both!

Staff PCS have all been re-imaged recently, and are running standard tools like Office, and Microsoft Dynamics CRM v4.

Thanks

**Edit: I should say as well... that I've switched off a number of providers that staff pcs don;t use (Like exchange etc) and the freezing still happens. It worries me that the freezing is occurring one of the really important services, like Webshield / Standard Sheild etc...**
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 01:53:05 PM by mcai8rw2 »

dynamic

Re: ADNM Windows 7 and Freezing problems.
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2011, 08:30:23 PM »
What are your UAC settings?  Have you tried deploying to 7 with it disabled?

For the freezing, have you tried checking logs to see what the machines were doing when they locked up?