Author Topic: Why Didn't Avast Stop this Virus?  (Read 2239 times)

daz_75

Why Didn't Avast Stop this Virus?
« on: February 19, 2011, 12:05:48 PM »
Hi,

I noticed a few weird thing happening on my system so ran a full avast scan and it found nothing.

I've ran suportantisypware and it's found 2 of  Trojan.Agent/Gen in memory, is there a reason why Avast didn't stop these from getting on my computer or didn't detect them on a full scan, i updated to the latest versions before i ran the scan, avast runs all the time

EDIT: I've just rebooted after SAS finding these things and it's found them again  :( Any ideas how to remove them?

Thanks

Daz
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 12:13:28 PM by daz_75 »

Offline Milos

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
Re: Why Didn't Avast Stop this Virus?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 02:00:51 PM »
Hello,
send us (virus@avast.com) the file to analyze.

Milos

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2011, 02:07:13 PM »
is there a reason why Avast didn't stop these from getting...........
just that no security program have 100% detection.......can also be very new.....
It can also be False Positives....so as Milos say, send it to avast for analysis

You can also upload the file(s) to www.virustotal.com and test with 43 malwarescanners
when you have the result, copy the URL in the address bar and post it here for us to see

EDIT: I've just rebooted after SAS finding these things and it's found them again   Any ideas how to remove them?
have you tried malwarebytes for a second opinion?

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.50.1  http://filehippo.com/download_malwarebytes_anti_malware/
Always update the program so you have latest database before you scan
Click the remove selected button to quarantine any infections found

If anything is found, please post/attach the scan log here

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2011, 03:58:23 PM »
@ daz_75

What would be helpful is to post the contents of the Scan Log, open the Statistics/Logs tab in SAS and View the scan log. Copy and paste the contents into your next post.

Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.6.6121 (build 24.6.9241.848) UI 1.0.809/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security