Author Topic: Glad to be back with Avast  (Read 1547 times)

Gameon

Glad to be back with Avast
« on: April 29, 2011, 06:14:44 AM »
Hi,

Don't know if this is the right forum to post this, but considering it's the Avast Internet Security forum I thought it would be best to post here.  I was recently with ESET Smart Security, which is a great product, but I felt more comfortable with Avast Internet Security (loving version 6).  Now having said that, the main thing that attracted me to ESET was not just the scanning etc, but the anti-spam module that ESET has that can go even into Windows Live Mail.  I liked this feature very much as it gave me greater control in training the anti-spam filter directly from the email client(rather than the work-around way most Internet Security products do where you have to go into the option section, mark spam 50+ time before it's learnt, etc).

On the side.. it's great to hear that Avast scored quite well on the comparative, a shame the so called "independent" research place AV-TEST continues to give Avast consistently low scores while giving Norton consistently high scores.. but I know better... I'm sticking with Avast for good :).  I do know that I will be renewing it when the time comes.

Anyway, I'm out for now.  Time for some happy surfing.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Glad to be back with Avast
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 01:58:59 PM »
Gameon, unfortunately the antispam is only for MS Outlook.
Welcome to avast wonderland :)
The best things in life are free.