Author Topic: Behavior Shield seems to not be scanning anything at all.  (Read 1883 times)

Offline EmoHobo

Behavior Shield seems to not be scanning anything at all.
« on: April 29, 2011, 01:25:06 PM »
Ever since I updated to Avast 6 awhile ago, I noticed that my Behavior Shield only scans like 17 things or so.  Why on my other computer it scans thousands over the span of a week or so.

I am running Windows XP on both versions and as far as I can tell, I'm virus free, so I'm not sure what could be causing this, is it something I should worry about?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Behavior Shield seems to not be scanning anything at all.
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 01:30:16 PM »
Are you using the same browser in both?
Don't worry that much... Script Shield scans what it should scan... Mine is very low also.
The best things in life are free.

Offline EmoHobo

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2011, 01:31:24 PM »
Yup, I'm using Firefox on both, the difference is the computer with the low amount of numbers uses No Script and ABP and the other doesn't.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 01:32:55 PM by EmoHobo »

Hermite15

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2011, 01:33:58 PM »
nope... no need to worry at all ;) as to the amount of scanned items, nobody knows ;D ... well the bs should scan hundreds of files during the first boots after a new install, and then the number should slightly decrease, that's all I can say. I don't use the behavior shield anyway, as 1st I don't find it very useful, and second it slows down my system. It's mainly needed by Avast to analyse system behaviors... and yeah, it should be able to block stuff (???)... may be rogue AVs... no idea... anyway it's not supposed to block threats like the other shields do but prevent "unexpected system modification" (sic).

Offline EmoHobo

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2011, 01:38:14 PM »
Ah that would make sense, I've had this Avast installed for like 2-3 years and I rarely modify files, save anything new or change settings, so maybe it's just out of things to scan or something.