Author Topic: AVAST ON PROTECTION NOT STARTING  (Read 2872 times)

oraclegrim

AVAST ON PROTECTION NOT STARTING
« on: October 13, 2004, 06:55:33 AM »
The Operation could not be completed

The AAVM subsystem detected a RPC error

Offline radicalb21

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
  • Be Safe. Be Smart. Use Common Sense.
Re:AVAST ON PROTECTION NOT STARTING
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2004, 09:49:25 AM »
Hey OracleGrim,
First let me say welcome to the forum. What you need to do is a search of this forum for the topic about the question you asked and you should find an answer. I typed in a search for AAVM subsystem and this is what I got:

There´s a red circle on avast! a-ball icon in system tray and when I click on it, the error message appears saying "the AAVM subsystem detected a RPC error". How to fix this?

A: First, use Windows Update to be sure that the RPC service is up to date. Then restart your computer and check if the problem persists. If it persists, follow these instructions:

1. Right-click the icon MY COMPUTER and select MANAGE.
2. In left column unroll SERVICES AND APPLICATIONS.
3. Click on SERVICES.
4. In the right column, look at the state of services avast! Antivirus and Remote Procedure Call (RPC).
5. If any of these services isn´t set to start automatically, set it that way (right-click it and select PROPERTIES and the STARTUP TYPE set to AUTOMATIC).
6. Restart the computer.

This solution works on Windows NT, 2000, XP and 2003 only.

Look about half to three quarters of the way down the page and you should find your answer. I hope this helps.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2004, 09:52:12 AM by radicalb21 »
iMac 21.5 " Mid 2011 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5
4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB

enatal

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2004, 06:25:50 PM »
Regarding
4. In the right column, look at the state of services avast! Antivirus and Remote Procedure Call (RPC).

Everything is fine except avast! service is not on my list!

What I did wrong?

Help!!!!

iwannet

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2004, 07:11:06 PM »
I have experience about this problem on my W2K.
- This problem usually occurs while we didnt SHUTDOWN windows (crash or something).. After windows re-start, the problem is gone
- But, if restart doesnt fix this problem. Then go to SAFE Mode windows, start Program Antivirus. And then SHUTDOWN again. Your Avast will be run normally.

My suspect (CMIIW): cache, or virtual memory performance cause this.. And sometime, AVAST try to access their database late (if windows busy)..  ???
« Last Edit: October 13, 2004, 07:13:02 PM by iwannet »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2004, 07:38:01 PM »
You must, for sure, boot after the installation.
You can repair the installation through Control Panel > Add/Remove programs. If the avast! service does not appear, uninstall, boot, install again and boot.  ;)
The best things in life are free.