Author Topic: Apparent problem with updating latest virus definition file to 110529-1  (Read 1845 times)

greenflow

Hello. I am running Vista ultimate (32-bit) and Avast! free. Had a bit of a problem with the automatic update today to the latest definition file. There is a caution in both the "Summary" (marked in red) and the "Maintenance" sections that I still have 110528-1. However, when I clicked update to manually update in both places, I get a message saying that I already have the latest definition file of 110529-1. Do I already have 110529-1 or not? Will this automatically resolve itself at the next update? Thanks.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Could be a temporary glitch yes...
Does it correct after you boot the computer?
You can try to repair your installation:
Go to Control Panel > Add/Remove programs > avast! antivirus > Remove. Then choose Repair function in the popup window (Repair).
The best things in life are free.

greenflow

Thanks for responding, Tech. I did reboot the computer but it did not help. Hopefully, it is temporary and will resolve itself when it automatically updates to 110530-1. Otherwise I will try the repair route that you suggested if the problem remains (I learnt something new, thanks). Avast! is running at least so I am not unprotected.