Author Topic: Check to See If Windows Live Sky Drive is Down Please? (Avast or MS Problem)  (Read 3614 times)

Jack 1000

Hi Everyone,

If you have a Windows Live Sky Drive account, please see whether or not you can get to it. I get an error when loggin in and need to find out if others are having problems with the server. I updated Avast Anti-Virus 6 today to the latest version.  Sky Drive says that "An Error has occurred."  I cannot get to my documents.

Jack

Gargamel360

I am failing to log in also.  Probably a server issue.

Jack 1000

I am failing to log in also.  Probably a server issue.

Thanks for the reply!  Let's hope that MS is just updating something.

Jack

ady4um

Just an idea. Could you try:

Avast main GUI -> real time shields -> Script Web Shield -> expert settings -> "Scan traffic from well known browser processes only".

Please save and reboot (in theory, not necessary, but how many times we have seen a simple reboot solves problems?).

Then try again accessing Sky Drive. Of course, if this success, it could also be just a coincidence :).

[EDIT]
Corrected the shield.
[/EDIT]
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 10:26:00 AM by ady4um »

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
The problem is with MS as hotmail has been of an on for the last few hours too, you can google the problem as there are complaints all over the net.

Offline Gopher John

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
AMD A6-5350M APU with Radeon HD Graphics, 8.0GB RAM, Win7 Pro SP1 64bit, IE11
i7-3610QM 2.3GHZ, 8.0GB Ram,  Nvidia GeForce GT 630M 2GB, Win7 Pro SP1 64bit, IE 11
Common to both: Avast Premium Security 19.7.2388, WinPatrol Plus, SpywareBlaster 5.5, Opera 12.18, Firefox 68.0.2, MBam Free, CCleaner