Author Topic: File size increase  (Read 3352 times)

dooley

File size increase
« on: November 16, 2004, 10:39:07 AM »
Hi all, have had V 4.5 for a couple of days, plus build 4.5.523 which came in today, no problems what so ever, just one thing puzzles me. For many months now, every time I did a full scan the results would show "Total files" 56669   "Total folders" 1792     "Size" 5.3G    or figures very close to that.  I have not installed any programs or saved anything since the last scan a week ago, (except for the Avast update) but when I ran a full scan tonight the results show  "Total files"  137915   "Total files" 1756  "Size" 6.0G .   Just wondering why the files have more than doubled, or has the new Avast just been working a bit harder. Any ideas, thanks.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re:File size increase
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2004, 10:46:45 AM »
Are you sure you used the same settings?
I mean, if you did a scan with archives turned off the first time, and then turned the archives scanning on for the second scan - the size may grow quite a lot.

Or, thinking about it - if you have the scanning of archives turned on, it simply may be the avast! update itself. avast! now supports more archives formats (e.g. CHM) - so it finds more "files" on your disk.

dooley

Re:File size increase
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2004, 11:23:37 AM »
Thank you for the reply igor, yes I have always had "scan archives" turned on, in my last post earlier in the month I asked if archives should be on or off & the opinion seemed to be to leave it "on".  Thanks anyway, just had me curious, BTW love your new home page.