Author Topic: Hibernate  (Read 3437 times)

paulgood

Hibernate
« on: January 30, 2004, 05:16:24 PM »
Is there any chance that Avast! Home could interfer with my WinXP Pro Pentium 4, 2.8 gigahertz computer from hibernating.

I removed two Avast! items from my msconfig StarUp group and the computer hibernated.  I then enabled them and rebooted and it still hibernated!  Before I disabled the items the computer wouldn't hibernate.

Thanks
Paul

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re:Hibernate
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2004, 05:23:09 PM »
Hybernation/suspend mode has nothing to do with Avast. Some systems have problems when they try to come out suspend mode. I suggest you disable suspend mode. You can read how to do it at this site > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/using/howto/security/hibernate.asp

badpazzword

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2004, 03:28:24 PM »
Sorry, but I have to disagree. ;) On my PIV 3.0 gH Ram 512 Mb WXP, Avast actually blocks the hibernate process (it comes to the "Hibernating" screen and it doesn't go any further, so that I have to crash my pc to restart working). >:( My computer is hibernation-enabled: indeed, when I stop all the protection servers, my computer does hibernate. :o It doesn't when the scanners are active. I've had this problem since the 4 version (when I first installed avast!).

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2004, 09:00:26 PM »
If you disable the VRDB generation (icon 'i' or the submenu at 'a' icon) will it help?
Sometimes it's not avast (scanning) who could block the hibernation...
Mine is working  8)
Do you install all MS patches and updates?
The best things in life are free.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2004, 10:05:44 AM »
You can also try to switch the database from ODBC to XML, e.g. using Rejzor's avast! External Control tool.