Author Topic: Unsecured but I can't fix it  (Read 4018 times)

lukes93

Unsecured but I can't fix it
« on: February 27, 2012, 07:34:41 PM »
The logo in the bottom right of my screen says "avast! Antivirus: WARNING, your system is UNSECURED." When I click on that, it brings this up:

The obvious thing to do is click FIX NOW, but when I do that, it becomes unresponsive for a few seconds then when it becomes responsive again nothing has changed. So I tried to uninstall it (because I need virus protection) but it wouldn't let me do that either, it came up with:  "Setup Fatal Error
 Error reading product data from "C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast5\setup\". Setup cannot continue."

What can I do about this? I need antivirus software that works but when I try install another one it says avast needs to be uninstalled, which I can't do, but it's no good to me cos it's unsecured... ideally I'd like it to be secured and carry on as normal cos it's been fine for me, but it won't fix.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
Re: Unsecured but I can't fix it
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 07:57:46 PM »
This forum section is for posting virus problems

Did You try a reboot after You click on fix ?

Or try avast repair

Add Remove programs, select 'avast! Anti-Virus,' click the Change/Remove button and scroll down to Repair, click next and follow.

Did this Work ?

If not look here
http://support.avast.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=496

lukes93

Re: Unsecured but I can't fix it
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 09:13:35 PM »
Tried to post it in General but it said I've already posted it. Which I haven't.

Tried both of those and nothing's changed, just want rid of it so I can at least get some sort of virus protection!