Author Topic: Resolved: I am shocked  (Read 2542 times)

Diddy

Resolved: I am shocked
« on: March 07, 2012, 09:23:47 AM »
HI I hope everyone is well.  I must say something to you avast team I am not happy right now.  Last night I decided to do a full scan with Avast 7 free on my desktop computer.  Guess what it found.  It found a trojan in my google browser files.
Name of virus is;
JS: Redictor-PV(Trj)

I have to tell you avast team I wish you would improve the Web shield in avast free 7 simply because I have a feeling the other night when I was surfing the internet I got a big Red popup saying that web shield had blocked a web link that had malware on it.  Instead the web shield in my mind did not do its job properly it should have stopped the malware from reaching my computer in the first place don't you think.

I am just thankful that the trojan was not aggressive in nature and did not do any further damage to my computer.

Lucky for me though their was only one file infected with this trojan avast.  I should also mention that I also put the trojan in the virus chest and submitted it to the virus lab.

So I guess what I am saying avast is please feel free to improve on a few things like the web shield because I would hate to take my computer some where to get it cleaned of a virus that avast should have blocked and stopped from ever reaching my computer.

Have a good night.

No the trojan that I found on my computer that avast 7 free found last night was not the same malware that avast blocked the other night. 

I wish Avast would just improve the shields especially the web shield to make sure it does a better job blocking viruses so that they do not make it on to my computer to do damage.

Yes I understand that no antivirus software is perfect but do hope that someone from the avast team reads this and does something about improving some of its features.
Because I would not be to happy if this had been aggressive virus or trojan and destroyed my computer in the process don't you agree.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 05:03:52 AM by Diddy »

true indian

Re: I am shocked
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 09:33:49 AM »
 :-\ thats dissappointing i dont know how this happened...this shouldnt be a problem...the web shield should have prevented that...I know that chrome has some incompability problems with web shield[though i dont notice anything here blocks everything perfectly].

vojtech is notified...

was the infection name the same that web shield detected the other day for u?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 09:50:49 AM by winmaltech »

akama1

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 09:43:31 AM »
hmmm.... would you like to try upgrading to avast! 7.0.1414 ... it has a lot of bugs fixed :)

Offline Milos

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 09:45:10 AM »
Hello,
it depends how old was the scanned file which was detected. This detection was added in VPS 12030501.

Milos

true indian

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 09:48:22 AM »
Hello,
it depends how old was the scanned file which was detected. This detection was added in VPS 12030501.

Milos

I would be happy if avast team can confirm the correct working of avast web shield in chrome....thanks!

Offline lukor

• Administrator
  • Super Poster
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2012, 10:35:59 AM »
Hi, webshield is not dependent on the browser version/type. It works the same in all browsers. So, I can confirm the correct working of avast web shield in chrome - as you request.

Moreover, there are many ways how could the traces of the virus land on your disk. As Milos suggested, since the detection is very new (2-3 days) it is possible it was already there. What is important is, was is executed by your browser or not?

« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 10:42:16 AM by lukor »