Author Topic: Un (or) Reinstallation (Due to not working Google Android Market Downloads)  (Read 5524 times)

harunba73

I installed to Motorola Photon 4G phone
but Android Market couldn't update softwares and not be able download softwares anymore...Firewall section analysis, disabling -enabling firewall features etc..didn't help the case

Therefore  
I clean dalvik cache and wipe then re-download Avast through Amazon Appstore
(still Android Market is not be able to download apps: You can see/browse them but downloads starts and cuts off quickly for every apps, amazon appstore is working interestingly...)

while I was trying to re-install avast thorough My problem gotten worse

I received this message  ''It seems that differently signed avast! suite packages are installed.All the avast! suite pacakages (Anti-theft,mobile security suite etc.) need to be signed with same key.

Question 1 :how can I uninstalled avast! compeletely (including resist antitheft file)

Question 2 : What is the procudure to fix reinstallation and google market problem ?

Thanks

Aaron Harun

« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 08:57:38 AM by harunba73 »

SafeSurf

If I understand correctly, you have a Motorola Photon 4G phone.  Is this phone rooted or not rooted?

1. Were you ever able to install Avast or Anti-Theft on this phone at any time in the past?  If so, you need to uninstall Anti-Theft FIRST, then Avast Mobile Security.

2. Did you ever have another antivirus or security program on this phone in the past?  If so, did you uninstall it prior to trying to install Avast?

3. Are you able to download other apps. from the Marketplace?  If not, please try turning your phone off completely, pull the battery out of the phone, wait a minute, replace the battery, then reboot your phone and try to download something from the Marketplace again.  If you are still having problems with the phone (downloading something from the Marketplace or any other problem), you should contact your phone provider where you got the phone for assistance if it is under warranty.  If it is not under warranty, you may want to do a hard Master reset, but this will wipe everything from your phone (all Contacts, third party apps, etc. will be gone unless you have a way to back them up).

4. Also, for the Marketplace to be able to download, you need to have "Background Data Enabled" on the phone; you can disable it once you are done using the Marketplace if you like.  Did the problem with not being able to download things from the Marketplace start before or after you tried to download Avast?

GabrielBianco

I just had the same problem, I believe I know why.

It seems to be caused by avast's firewall blocking "Media Storage", even though I never chose to do so. This service is not shown on the firewall list of applications (it's not in the end either, under the "4 apps" or "10 apps". I never blocked any of those, nor the services below them).

But if I go to the avast's "Application Management" tab, it's there, running and without access to the internet. Just unblock it, and you should be fine. Another solution would be to disable the firewall, of course.

I'm not sure what triggered this, but I have a hunch. Before selecting each application access individually, I clicked on block all apps. It probably blocked everything, including what is not shown in that list. If that's true, it means similar issues might happen with other services that are not shown in the Firewall tab.

Hope this helps someone else.

A small suggestion: I would be nice to have an "Ask user" option on the firewall settings, so that a pop up would appear whenever an application requests access to the internet (or contacts, call log, anything). LBE privacy guard had something like that, not for the internet access though.

reinhardholzner

the newest update should show the app in the list.

GabrielBianco

The "Media storage" service is still not shown on the Firewall tab. And, when using the 'Allow selected' option, it is still blocked until I change it in the Application Management tab.

I tried a few minutes ago, right after I got the latest update, on two different phones (Neo V, stock; Defy, CM7) with the same results on both. I didn't try rebooting it, restarting avast or anything like that, though.

svehlak

I can see media server, google framework servie etc. in the firewall list and it works as expected? Could you please describe the problem more clearly? Thank you.

reinhardholzner

The newest version of avast! will show more apps in the Firewall list. However if you ENABLE and then again DISABLE firewall completely, there is no rules left and it should work with Market.

About the Amazon problem: Amazon modified our signatures (i think it should be fixed already) thus made our signature checks block the installation/usage of the tool (we check ourselves for modification).