Author Topic: Avast hangs on port 110 Activesync PocketPC mail  (Read 2540 times)

thasan

Avast hangs on port 110 Activesync PocketPC mail
« on: December 16, 2004, 01:06:11 AM »
For some reason, if I have my WindowsCE or PocketPC connected to my desktop where I am running Avast Home, the PocketPC tries to check email via ActiveSync. Avast opens the connection on port 110 to my ISP but then hangs. The only workaround I have is removing the "Internet Mail" service of Avast. Has anyone else seen this problem and if so, do you have a workaround? :(

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re:Avast hangs on port 110 Activesync PocketPC mail
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2004, 01:09:21 AM »
Someone else is having a simulair problem. There is another thread which tells more. Can't recall exactly what is said there. Please use the search function to find it.

If I remember correctly it has to do with something like the driver(s) for the external device.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2004, 01:14:59 AM by Eddy »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2004, 01:38:29 AM »
For some reason, if I have my WindowsCE or PocketPC connected to my desktop where I am running Avast Home, the PocketPC tries to check email via ActiveSync. Avast opens the connection on port 110 to my ISP but then hangs. The only workaround I have is removing the "Internet Mail" service of Avast. Has anyone else seen this problem and if so, do you have a workaround? :(

Maybe in this board there is the solution: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=7
Anyway, which port does ActiveSync listen to get (download) email?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2004, 01:38:48 AM by Technical »
The best things in life are free.

thasan

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2004, 04:41:03 AM »
Its not Activesync. Its the PocketPC doing a regular POP3 call on port 110. Avast typically listens on this port to make sure there is no virus coming in. But it never completes the call.