Author Topic: Avast pop ups warnings  (Read 3840 times)

kentek

Avast pop ups warnings
« on: December 11, 2004, 07:04:55 AM »
I have a little red box that pops up and tells me that my software was unable to update because my license or something is out of date or expired.

I thought that the home version was free; though I think this is very generous I am most certain that the home version was free.

Did I miss something? And how do I register it, it does not prompt me to register it now or anything, you'd think that it would offer a reasonable option to remedy the situation or that the red window would offer a link to make corrects or whatever.

peterfu

Re:Avast pop ups warnings
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2004, 07:32:07 AM »
The home version is free, but You have to register.

For registration go to http://www.avast.com and in the support section you will find the possibility to register your free home version.

You are right - a pop up box with a direct link to the registration page would be a good idea.

br
Peter

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2004, 01:59:44 PM »
The Home version of Avast is indeed free for liftime. The only thing you have to do is get a new license for the vps updates every 14 months. (this is also free)

Did I miss something?
You sure did miss something. It is called the 'search button' on this board. Many, many threads already do explain this. ;)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2004, 02:01:08 PM by Eddy »

kentek

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2004, 03:56:44 PM »
Thanks a bunch!

Yah Well I can be a bit lazy I guess, it's just so much easier to ask and then wait for the answer in your mailbox.

Searches and all can be a tediouse and cumbersome when your on the Puter 24/7.

OK all done, up n' working again, made a nice coments and ratted Avast as 5.0 the best. Downloaded some realy kool skins and running scan to make sure I'm all cleaned up.

You know I recently tried a program called BullDog and it just took up way too many of my resources to have it running on my system. Avast is there for me!

Thanks Avast!

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2004, 04:02:00 PM »
Searches and all can be a tediouse and cumbersome when your on the Puter 24/7
But it also gives you a lot of information and you can learn a lot from searches ;)

Searching before asking also help preventing people from asking the same question over and over again and so 'flooding' the board which makes it more difficult for 'newbies' to find a apropiate answer to their question.

jerblaine

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2004, 08:08:51 AM »
How do I update that key that needs updated every 14 months?

Starfighter

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2004, 11:10:03 AM »
How do I update that key that needs updated every 14 months?

Go here: http://www.avast.com/i_kat_207.php?lang=ENG

Fill it out.  An email from Alwil (concerning avast) will then be sent to you, explaining what to do in order to put the registration code in avast....
« Last Edit: December 19, 2004, 11:10:50 AM by Starfighter »