Author Topic: Can't update + Win32:Trojan.gen.{other}... HELP!  (Read 12876 times)

Heggi

Re:Can't update + Win32:Trojan.gen.{other}... HELP!
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2004, 09:27:58 PM »
i thought avg7 wasn't free. thanks for telling me :)

The only thing preventing me from unistalling norton is that i dont know which firewalls are good... do u know any good free firewalls?
thanks for all help!

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2004, 09:55:32 PM »
I use the freeware version of Outpost which works well with avast and there is always the freeware version of Zone Alarm. I couldn't really recommend the current version of Sygate as there have been a number of problems with the latest version.

Check out these, Links Thread and RejZor's On-line Virus Scanners and other useful Links Security.Ops.tk
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.6.6121 (build 24.6.9241.848) UI 1.0.809/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Heggi

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2004, 09:58:51 PM »
Are u able to download updates for zone alarm? i want a firewall that can be updated otherwise it´d be old pretty fast...

Should i remove avast if i install avg? will the cause problems together too?

as i said earlier i'll get rid of norton as soon as i get a good firewall

outposts? never heared of it... is it good is it free?
what problems is there with sygate?

what should i pick...
« Last Edit: December 20, 2004, 10:04:12 PM by Heggi »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2004, 10:10:43 PM »
I have given you the basic information you will have to do some due diligence and select what is best for you.

Two AVs running at the same time is not advisable too much chance of conflict.

If you uninstall avast for AVG (free version totally no support, unlike the support you are getting here) and IMHO not as good as avast. I left AVG for avast and it is a much better more flexible.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.6.6121 (build 24.6.9241.848) UI 1.0.809/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Heggi

« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2004, 10:20:22 PM »
ok. i think i'll stay with avast cause i heared of many ppl leaving it for avast but i need to reinstall avast cause it wont update automatically...
i've had avg and norton running on another computer without problems. but i´d need a new firewall isntead of norton then. but i dont know which would be the best. do u know any free good firewall were i´d get some support too if i needed it.
i´m reading about problems with different firewalls on www.download.com but it seems to me that there is no firewall that dont have a single problem... so this is a hard choice for me.

Heggi

« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2004, 11:12:08 PM »
i just talked to a clan mate and he said he´d been using outpost for a month... i think i'll give that one a shot... hope it´s nice...

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2004, 09:45:32 AM »
Norton has a built in firewall
No it doesn't. Those are two seperate applications.
If you buy a car and you have the dealer put in a stereo it doesn't mean that the car comes with a stereo.

About the free firewalls. The most used are ZoneAlarm, Kerio and Outpost.

Heggi

« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2004, 01:55:30 PM »
Hi guys.
I have just installed outpost firewall and reinstalled avast. so no nothign is disturbing avast i can update and hopefully i have no trojans at the moment :)
thanks for all your help! you guys are great!!!!!!!

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2004, 02:05:37 PM »
Welcome to the happy Avast family