Author Topic: Avast Sandbox blocking safe site. I cannot access at all.  (Read 2666 times)

ggbridge

Avast Sandbox blocking safe site. I cannot access at all.
« on: May 20, 2012, 06:45:36 AM »
hello forum: i have Avast's Free software and use a PC w/ Firefox. I am not a computer techie and need layman's terms please. I was typing an email and put in a particular trusted website, when all of a sudden Avast pops up with a warning of malicious entry, then another pop-up saying it wasn't sure if it was a suspicious entry, then another talking about 'sandbox', which i gathered was a quarantine of sorts. I didn't even know I had Sandbox or what it was. But now I cannot access this site no matter what i do or how i try. It's an important site for me. Can someone help me, please? Layman terms...thanks everyone.

Offline AntiVirusASeT

• Poster
Re: Avast Sandbox blocking safe site. I cannot access at all.
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012, 07:40:21 AM »
could u provide the webpage for us forum members to check for u? (please remove the 'www' portion or change 'http' to 'hxxp' so that the link to that potentially malicious webpage would be gone)

please do not attempt to access the site or try to disable avast just to do so... ur potentially infecting urself with malware.

also do not attempt to remove any items quarantined by avast or set to be run in avast's autosandbox. these are protective measures from avast to keep ur system safe.

ggbridge

Re: Avast Sandbox blocking safe site. I cannot access at all.
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2012, 06:09:53 PM »
thanks for replying. the site belongs to the sebastopol center for the arts and its called artatthesource.org . i received an email from them this morning stating that they are having problems with their site....but am unclear as to why Avast would quarantine it. thank you again for looking into this and advising me.