Author Topic: display FULL file paths?  (Read 1507 times)

pingram3541

display FULL file paths?
« on: June 16, 2012, 04:47:58 PM »
Ok, this is probably a stupid question but I recently had an alert (threat detected) about 2 files but I want to confirm its not a false positive.  In the Avast scan result window it has "file name", "severity", "status", "action" and "result".  The problem is the first file is simply a url "http://blahblah..." with a severity of high and a status of Threat: HTML:Iframe-inf" asking to be moved to the chest and the second listing a folder on one of my external drives where I have a bunch of compressed web design elements in approx 150 separate zip/rar files.

The problem with both of these is I can't find the FULL file paths.  The first one, the url, is just that - only the url which is not open in any of my browsers or in the history and the second only shows the beginning of the file path but has a /../ in the file name so I don't know which archive is the suspected "decompression bomb".

How do I list the FULL and COMPETE file paths in Avast?  Isn't it kind of pointless to only show a partial file path, why even show it at all?

I've searched the UI of Avast and these forums and have found nothing.  Any help is appreciated.

EDIT: oh yeah, I have also dragged the slider in the column to see if it reveals more info and have tried right clicking the items as well.  No go.

EDIT2: This might be a bug.  After closing the scan result window and then reopening it through the "scan computer > scan logs > view results" it opened the same dialog and I was able to then use the colum slider to reveal the full path of the second listing - the folder, however the url is still a mystery as it is listing a public web url which obviously doesn't reside on my computer unless there is some type of cached file in which case I still don't have any way of knowing where it is and I'd hate to delete a saved shortcut that might be a false positive - and why not list the actual file and not the url even if the "suspected" threat is located at that url?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 04:55:57 PM by pingram3541 »

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
Re: display FULL file paths?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2012, 05:26:12 PM »
Can you attach a screenshot?