Author Topic: Avast free expire licence  (Read 11727 times)

selen

Avast free expire licence
« on: July 02, 2012, 01:02:22 PM »
Hi, my avast licence will expire on 01/08/12. Today is 2nd of july and I haven't received any popoup notifications which informs me that is time to renew my protection. If I look in avast menu, in registration I see that there is a notice "register now". This is the way to renew my licence, following the so called "online procedure". I have avast since 2 years and I remember that the last year I used the offline procedure to receive via mail the registration key to renew my licence. I like this procedure, because with one registration key I can renew avast free on all my 3 computers. The problem is that now in my avast I can't see the offline registration option. Is this a problem of mine or avast will show me this options in the next days? Avast says that my status is still REGISTERED, but the licence is going to expire in 30 days!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 01:07:32 PM by selen »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Avast free expire licence
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 01:41:12 PM »
The best things in life are free.

selen

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 01:50:02 PM »
Will this help? http://www.avast.com/resend-license-free-antivirus.php
How can I insert the licence if there is not the offline registration? If I click on register now avast doesn't send me an email with the key, it register me automatically. I need to insert the key in 3 computers.
I'm trying to understand why avast says that my status is registered if my licence will expire in 30 days. It should say: NOT REGISTERED and should give me the option to renew my licence obtaining a registration key via mail, so with an offline registration, I can't understand what's happening to my avast, the last year all was ok, avast sent me a pop up to tell me that was time to renew the licence. Why this year I have this problem?Is there an issue on my avast free?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 01:58:45 PM by selen »

selen

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012, 03:54:25 PM »
nobody can help me?

Offline Gopher John

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2012, 05:56:46 PM »
Registering one machine with the online method, and then using the link to resend your license to the same email address you used for registering online should get the license sent to you via email for the other two machines.

Of course, of all three machines have internet access, registering each online is the easiest and fastest method.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 05:58:29 PM by Gopher John »
AMD A6-5350M APU with Radeon HD Graphics, 8.0GB RAM, Win7 Pro SP1 64bit, IE11
i7-3610QM 2.3GHZ, 8.0GB Ram,  Nvidia GeForce GT 630M 2GB, Win7 Pro SP1 64bit, IE 11
Common to both: Avast Premium Security 19.7.2388, WinPatrol Plus, SpywareBlaster 5.5, Opera 12.18, Firefox 68.0.2, MBam Free, CCleaner

selen

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2012, 07:33:18 PM »
Registering one machine with the online method, and then using the link to resend your license to the same email address you used for registering online should get the license sent to you via email for the other two machines.

Of course, of all three machines have internet access, registering each online is the easiest and fastest method.

The point is that without offline registration option I can't see the button "insert key licence here". How can I insert the key received by email If avast doesn't show me the place to insert it? If you look at the image I have attached at the beginning of my topic you will see that there is only the button "register now"
I attach here another image, to explain better what I mean. I have taken this screenshot from a website, which shows the buttons "registration form"  and  "insert licence key" that shoud appear also on my avast. Why my avast free doesn't show me the offline registration option? And why avast says that my status is registered while it should be not yet registered like in the picture in red?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 07:55:42 PM by selen »

Offline Gopher John

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2012, 08:43:33 PM »
Evidently, Avast thinks that it is already registered at least in some part of the process.  Since I recently registered after updating to 7.0.1451, none of the registration options show for me.  Only the Current Status is there showing Registered with 362 days left.

Perhaps in the next few days, your status will change in the AvastUI, and the popup will appear.  When it does, the missing buttons may appear.  You have a few days to see, but don't allow the registration to expire.  The pending Avast program update may also change the status.
i7-3610QM 2.3GHZ, 8.0GB Ram,  Nvidia GeForce GT 630M 2GB, Win7 Pro SP1 64bit, IE 11
Common to both: Avast Premium Security 19.7.2388, WinPatrol Plus, SpywareBlaster 5.5, Opera 12.18, Firefox 68.0.2, MBam Free, CCleaner

selen

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2012, 09:07:22 PM »
Evidently, Avast thinks that it is already registered at least in some part of the process.  Since I recently registered after updating to 7.0.1451, none of the registration options show for me.  Only the Current Status is there showing Registered with 362 days left.

Perhaps in the next few days, your status will change in the AvastUI, and the popup will appear.  When it does, the missing buttons may appear.  You have a few days to see, but don't allow the registration to expire.  The pending Avast program update may also change the status.

Ok, thanks a lot for your infos, I'll wait the next few days to see what happends. In case the missing offline registration option will not appear can I register all my 3 computer with the online procedure? They have internet connection, but what about the email? During the online registration avast ask for a name, surname and an email adress, before to renew the licence automatically. Can I use the same email adress to register avast on all my 3 systems or have I to use a different email adress for each time I want to renew a licence?

Offline Gopher John

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2012, 10:44:03 PM »
Yes, you can use the same address in the online registration form for all your computers.   It's not a problem at all.

selen

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2012, 03:03:42 PM »
Yes, you can use the same address in the online registration form for all your computers.   It's not a problem at all.

Thanks a lot! This morning the missing button for offline registration appeared, I completed trhe registration form to receive the licence key, but I haven't already received any email from avast! What's the problem? :(

Offline Gopher John

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2012, 03:26:55 PM »

Thanks a lot! This morning the missing button for offline registration appeared, I completed trhe registration form to receive the licence key, but I haven't already received any email from avast! What's the problem? :(

If you filled out the form at http://www.avast.com/registration-free-antivirus.php, the email will contain the license and should arrive shortly.  Make sure that the email isn't caught in your email service provider's spam filters.

selen

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2012, 11:31:43 PM »

If you filled out the form at http://www.avast.com/registration-free-antivirus.php, the email will contain the license and should arrive shortly.  Make sure that the email isn't caught in your email service provider's spam filters.

Thanks a lot for your help, I have renewed my licence successfully on all my systems! Thanks again :D

Offline Gopher John

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2012, 12:19:05 AM »
Glad I could help.  Just in time for Avast 7.0.1456. http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=100608.0 ;D