Author Topic: I try to install English, but it gets Chineese  (Read 1913 times)

Elin

I try to install English, but it gets Chineese
« on: July 10, 2012, 05:23:04 AM »
Hi, i bought a laptop a month ago from a chineese computerstore. Its a Lenovo thinkpad with windows 7.

The problem is that it is a wierd windows i think cause most of it is in English, but a little bit is in chineese, like the "welcome" when you log in and the grey text on the black background when you start the computer oh and the clalendar above the small clock icon.

Anyhow, the issue is that when i go to avast.com and try to install the english version it ends up being in chineese. I dont speak chineese at all so i really want it to be in english.

Its not only avast doing this, itunes did it too. I had AVG for a month but that was in english.

And i did choose English in the scrollbar thing, the password protectort is in English, but not avast itself.

Oh, i am also really stupid when it comes to technical stuff. :P

SafeSurf

Re: I try to install English, but it gets Chineese
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 10:33:14 AM »
Is Windows genuine (real or fake)?

Elin

Re: I try to install English, but it gets Chineese
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 12:36:13 PM »
Is Windows genuine (real or fake)?

Well i bought it at a computer store, so i wouldnt think so. But that might be the case. Since its china and they sell fake stuff evereywhere.

I have actually no idea, at home in Sweden no one would sell a computer with fake windows, but here they might.