Author Topic: Two tickets and still no response. What gives? Anybody home?  (Read 3610 times)

dagrev

I'm still having trouble not getting Webrep to work again in Firefox like it did (works in Chrome).  I've uninstalled avast (clean) and reinstalled (FF as well) but nothing.  The addon is not even listed in FF.  I posted a thread and no one was able to propose a solution (though several tried).  So I submitted a ticket about 2 weeks ago and heard nothing.  A week later I submitted another one--still nothing.  Is this supposed to be customer service?  I pay to use avast an expect a little more than no response whatsoever.  I've never been ignored twice before by a company.  No, "were too busy to get to you" or nothing.  So what gives? 

Offline JuninhoSlo

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
Re: Two tickets and still no response. What gives? Anybody home?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 01:37:45 PM »
So you don,t have WebRep in FF?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 01:41:10 PM »
No problems with avast 7.0.1456 and firefox 13.0.1.

In all honesty your best bet would have been to post this in the original topic, where all of the other suggestions and information are (such as what version of avast or firefox you are using, etc.). This would has also served to bump the topic to the top of the list.

Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free  24.8.6127 (build 24.8.9372.862) UI 1.0.814/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

dagrev

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 01:48:21 PM »
1. Correct, as stated no webrep in FF.

2. David, I was hoping someone from avast might see this topic more readily and increase a possible response.  However, I'll copy my comments here in that other thread as well.  Thanks for the suggestion.

Offline JuninhoSlo

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2012, 01:51:43 PM »
I hope this answer solve your problem. ;)

Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\extensions (windows 64 bit) or C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\extensions (windows 32 bit) and open the webrep.xpi file, which is in the folder, with mozilla. It will ask whether to install. Click install. When it asks to restart, do not restart, but just close the firefox. Now go to the extension folder again and delete the webrep.xpi file. Open firefox and you are good to go.

dagrev

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2012, 02:00:14 PM »
Thanks, I'll give this a try.

OK.  I don't have that file any place on the drive not just where you suggested.  My location looks like this:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\extensions\{CAFEEFAC-0016-0000-0033-ABCDEFFEDCBA}\chrome\content
C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\extensions\{CAFEEFAC-0016-0000-0033-ABCDEFFEDCBA}\chrome\locale

I wonder if something has happened to FF?  But I've reinstalled and thought this would fix that if it were the case.

I just got this response from avast.

Hello!

Thank you for contacting AVAST Software company with your concerns. This  is an automated response from the avast! support system.

Your message(s) sent to our support team was received. Unfortunately, due to technical difficulties, we're not able to reply in time. If you have any technical problem with our product, please do the following:

- ensure you are using the latest version of avast!
- check our knowledge base: https://support.avast.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=view
- check our forum: http://forum.avast.com/

If you will not find the solution in the sources above, please contact as again and attach the support package:

1) Start avast!
2) In left pane, click MAINTENANCE -> SUPPORT
3) Tick BASIC INFORMATION and LOG FILES
4) Click the GENERATE NOW button
5) Send the ZIP file generated

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

ALWIL Software a.s. support
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 02:54:23 PM by dagrev »

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2012, 02:06:48 PM »
ALWIL Software a.s. support

[OT] ??? Guess support has to update its signature... ;D

Edit: "ALWIL" is history since June 2010.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 02:31:14 PM by Asyn »
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Zombie Evolved

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2012, 08:43:35 PM »
How about the interaction with Internet Explorer?

dagrev

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2012, 08:51:36 PM »
Yes, it works fine in IE as well.