Author Topic: Win32:Malware-Gen is it a FP?  (Read 2463 times)

puter illit

Win32:Malware-Gen is it a FP?
« on: July 09, 2012, 06:21:00 PM »
Don't know what's going on? in the last few weeks Avast keeps identify files and moving to chest, last one was a false positive on the dell mini driver. Yesterday while running Malwarebytes it poped up with infection - Win32 Malware-gen with just a string on numbers no location. Malwarebytes finished clean, notthing detected so I ran a boot scan and it identified 2 as Windows 1) installer ca3932.msil>Icon ( _4A11634F508C_)the 2nd) system vol info\_restore (ADD34701.exe) both as exe.

I ran malwarebytes again, 0. TDSSKiller, 0. MS safty scanner, 0. MS melicious software remover tool, 0. Everything is running fine only Webrep working and not working periodicely on sites it should be on. Only thing I can think of is it's a FP from when I restored the cercsr6 from the chest? last week. Just prior to that I had done a system restore to fix an issue with I.E Compatable View making my windows uncompatable, lol. other than that my puter has been running fine with no issues except what avast keeps moving to chest.  What's going on with Avast? is this another FP or is my puter infected? from what I've read so far the chest won't stop the spread?

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
Re: Win32:Malware-Gen is it a FP?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 06:55:21 PM »
well.....since avast move the file to chest, then there would not be anything for the other tools to detect, FP or not.

test the file(s) avast detect at virustotal

puter illit

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 07:08:36 PM »
well.....since avast move the file to chest, then there would not be anything for the other tools to detect, FP or not.

test the file(s) avast detect at virustotal

remember I'll puter illit,  :D could U please point me to virustotal?

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 07:18:34 PM »
virustotal.com

puter illit

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2012, 07:44:59 PM »
virustotal.com

OK found it, was not instructive so I did a scan of Avast this is what came up:
ByteHero    Trojan.Exception.gen.101    20120704

WHAT do I do now???with it??? still have virustotal page open

puter illit

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2012, 08:55:17 PM »
virustotal.com

Well, I finally located the Avast fold/file ran every file that occured in the last week, report's - boot - chest- data - XML doc etc.etc. everything is coming up clean (0) so other than the suposed FP on Avast itself (ByteHero    Trojan.Exception.gen.101    20120704) nothing is showing as a problem.

Is there any other file/folder that I should run?