Author Topic: avast web rep ie 9 ? need help  (Read 2953 times)

radiofan12

avast web rep ie 9 ? need help
« on: August 08, 2012, 07:56:15 PM »
hi i have windows 7 64 bit useing avast free a great programme i love it. but can some 1 tell me in ie 9 i dont see wep rep next to google search results. and it works in mozilla firefox with the google search results not ie nine though. hope some 1 can help here id be very greatful thx.

Diddy

Re: avast web rep ie 9 ? need help
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 10:04:34 AM »
HI  radiofan12 double click on the avast icon on the desktop or double click on the orange ball in the lower right toolbar.  That will take you to the GuI and then click on the tab named additional protection under that click on browser protection and their it lists the browsers you have installed and if the Web Rep plug-in is  installed or not click on install next to the browser you wish to install Web Rep and then double click on your browser for the changes to take effect.
If you need help leave more questions
Thanks have a great day

Online CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 12:18:22 PM »
hi i have windows 7 64 bit useing avast free a great programme i love it. but can some 1 tell me in ie 9 i dont see wep rep next to google search results. and it works in mozilla firefox with the google search results not ie nine though. hope some 1 can help here id be very greatful thx.
Yes this is a known issue with 1456 and 1461 beta in IE9, Hopefully it will be fixed when the beta goes stable.

radiofan12

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2012, 11:26:23 PM »
thx u so much guys for all that great help very very greatful to you all.

Online CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2012, 05:18:22 AM »
thx u so much guys for all that great help very very greatful to you all.
Your welcome :)

Diddy

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2012, 10:26:19 AM »
your very welcome