Author Topic: 3 questions...  (Read 3125 times)

Offline rdsu

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
3 questions...
« on: January 25, 2005, 09:07:22 PM »
Hi,

In avast! Home Edition, all the Providers, except the "Network Shield", scans with the settings of the "Standard Shield"?

Using the High Sensitivity in "Standard Shield" will make a notable slow down performance in some systems, only in the old systems, only in some OS,...?

Using all or some Providers will make a notable slow down performance in some systems, only in the old systems, only in some OS,...?

Thanks
« Last Edit: January 25, 2005, 09:10:01 PM by VaMPiRiC_CRoW »
Avast Free Antivirus: Web Shield & Home Network Security.

Octávio Brazilian

Re: 3 questions...
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2005, 12:20:07 AM »
You live in Portugual? I reply  in portuguese for you!  ;D

In avast! Home Edition, all the Providers, except the "Network Shield", scans with the settings of the "Standard Shield"?
Não entendi a pergunta, o Standart Shield escaneia tudo que você acessa, e os outros são proteções especificas para arquivos que você baixou em Kazaa/Msn....(neste caso os arquivos entraram, mas você não os acessou, assim não sendo escaneados pelo standart até que você os abra.)

Using the High Sensitivity in "Standard Shield" will make a notable slow down performance in some systems, only in the old systems, only in some OS,...?
Não, aumenta a proteção mas a diferença no peso não é muito notável.

Using all or some Providers will make a notable slow down performance in some systems, only in the old systems, only in some OS,...?
Olha, quanto mais provedores, mais pesado, mas não muito. Como você disse ter todos menos o network, o Network acredito que não cause diferença no desempenho, porque ele não escaneia, e sim detecta possíveis invasões de worms numa rede...

Abraços
« Last Edit: January 26, 2005, 12:23:01 AM by Octaiver Matt »

Offline rdsu

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2005, 12:36:38 AM »
You live in Portugual? I reply in portuguese for you! ;D

Yes, I live in Portugal  ;D
If you don't mind, I prefer to talk in English to the other users know what we are talking about and have the possibility to discuss ;)

Não entendi a pergunta, o Standart Shield escaneia tudo que você acessa, e os outros são proteções especificas para arquivos que você baixou em Kazaa/Msn....(neste caso os arquivos entraram, mas você não os acessou, assim não sendo escaneados pelo standart até que você os abra.)

My question is, for example if the "Instant Messaging" will scan all the files that I transfer through my IM if I have the High Sensitivity in "Standard Shield"? And the "Internet Mail" will scan all the files too?

Não, aumenta a proteção mas a diferença no peso não é muito notável.

I don't know if on old computer this will not make a notable slow down...
I want to listen some experiences...

Olha, quanto mais provedores, mais pesado, mas não muito. Como você disse ter todos menos o network, o Network acredito que não cause diferença no desempenho, porque ele não escaneia, e sim detecta possíveis invasões de worms numa rede...

I think that I already see in this forum that the "P2P Shield" slow down the performance because of some P2P programs...
Avast Free Antivirus: Web Shield & Home Network Security.

Octávio Brazilian

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2005, 01:07:35 AM »
Quote from: VaMPiRiC_CRoW
[b
My question is, for example if the "Instant Messaging" will scan all the files that I transfer through my IM if I have the High Sensitivity in "Standard Shield"? And the "Internet Mail" will scan all the files too?[/b]
Standart Shield in Hight Mode not scan files trsuted in MSN Messenger.Its necessary IM Provider or configure msn 6.2 or 7.0 to use "ashquick" to scan.

I don't know if on old computer this will not make a notable slow down...
I want to listen some experiences...

The computer is a Athlon XP 1700 256 ram Windows XP.
The other computer is a K6 2 500mhz 64 Ram.

I think that I already see in this forum that the "P2P Shield" slow down the performance because of some P2P programs...

P2P slow down when is scanning....

« Last Edit: January 26, 2005, 01:13:35 AM by Octaiver Matt »