Author Topic: Anti theft check stored setting error message  (Read 6528 times)

waystland

Anti theft check stored setting error message
« on: October 03, 2012, 12:34:58 AM »
Hello i have a  ROOTED G3 on Telus i checked the Direct write method  and it says it can not back up  try again... ( i thought i did one when i first set up )
 so i go tio check stored settings and get this message " warning your hard reset proof settings back up is NOT UPTODAT. after a hard reset you avast anti theft may not work any more. pleas backup your settings hard reset proof again."

so i hit detail message and get  " NOT UP TO DATE diagnosis error massage: Current state does not  equal back up key value ( not1,403993***, +403993****)  the **** are the rest of the phone number i enterd  under the friend for remote control... i added the  + sign and added the 1 befor the number that seems to change with the error message. i also added a 2nd number .. then the error shows that phone number too in the message.. any thoughts? thanks

reinhardholzner

Re: Anti theft check stored setting error message
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 11:58:32 AM »
hello, if you change notification numbers you'll have to save settings hard reset proof again.

waystland

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 04:29:51 PM »
it wont save any more. also on the main page 
under view device details it says anti theft is not on but on my phone it is checked marked and says enabled?
 should i try re installing it?
tx

reinhardholzner

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2012, 04:30:52 PM »
what is the exact error message when saving?

waystland

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2012, 05:07:34 PM »
here is the right screen shots sorry you can delete the above post

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2012, 05:25:59 PM »
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

waystland

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2012, 05:59:17 PM »
any thought about the errors?

reinhardholzner

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2012, 07:38:43 PM »
a) did you try to click the retry button a few times as is recommended in the screen?
b) when you click on save settings does it actually take a longer time (~30 secs) before the message appears?
c) did you in the meanwhile (since last saving settings successfully) unpair and repair your avast account?

waystland

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2012, 11:59:26 PM »
A: a few times

it takes 30 sec exact to pop up the error message
i disconnected and reconnected the accounts.

thanks

reinhardholzner

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2012, 12:57:10 AM »
Then it seems its some issue either with superuser whitelist or your system. I would need a log (adb) of this to further diagnose this. Try to save the settings and after you failed go to the feedback form and create a case including system log and comment about this thread and that the support guys should send it to Reinhard.

waystland

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2012, 06:00:50 PM »
i seen the feed back option in advance menu, is the log file " in there" somewhere to send?

reinhardholzner

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2012, 06:04:41 PM »
klick on feedback option and in the following screen check the checkbox at the bottom "add system log".

waystland

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2012, 07:13:33 PM »
Hello when you mentioned super user i started digging.. i was using superSU and another super user program,
i remover one of them and  started to look at the super user logs and say that it anti theft ( wayst -- the rename i mad) was always in red
so i checked allow all users  Grant for super user and then relaunched anti theft and this time it worked, all was saved and uptodate

thanks for your help!!!

dumb question... this hard reset back up..... what does it exactly do? if some one restores my phone and puts in a new SIM i can still get access to my phone?

thanks again