Author Topic: Stealth mode not working, really  (Read 4659 times)

IvyV

Stealth mode not working, really
« on: October 05, 2012, 06:47:12 AM »
Samsung s3, ICS 4.0.4, rooted, T-Mobile

My husband and I are trying to set up anti-theft and neither phone goes into stealth mode. The feature is configured, the enable  checkbox is checked, the app gives the warning message that it will go into stealth mode, but after reboot the anti theft icon is still visible and working within the Avast mobile security feature list. I've tried the obvious uncheck/reboot/recheck/reboot, confirmed that we have the latest version, different install modes (partition write / zip file) etc.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Massive Poster
Re: Stealth mode not working, really
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 06:54:57 AM »
Hi,

if you are able to access Anti-Theft via Mobile Security dashboard then it is correct. What should be invisible is the Anti-Theft icon in your app list (app drawer).

Filip

Offline Werner

• Advanced Poster
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 01:40:12 PM »
you can protect avast! Mobile Security with the PIN so the menu entry isn't visible to everyone.

IvyV

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 06:34:34 PM »
When I was having this issue, I first read the manual and then did a search on the forums and found other people asking the same thing. The responses on the forum seemed to imply that people were expecting all of mobile security to go away when just the anti-theft did. But your response to me makes it clear that anti theft will always appear in the avast list. That's fine, as we do have Mobile Security pin protected. But I have to respectfully suggest that your documentation (and even the responses to previous questions) might make this a bit more clear.

So to clarify:
Stealth mode keeps the Anti-Theft application from appearing in your application list. However the Avast Mobile Security icon will still appear and the Anti-Theft icon will still be available from the Avast Mobile Security main dashboard -- so you should always pin protect Mobile Security when using Anti-Theft.

-- From a former technical writer...

jwsmith

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2012, 06:10:48 PM »
I agree with Ivy's comment #3.  Please update your documentation.