Author Topic: Avast Internet Security and Avast Premium free trial  (Read 5076 times)

Entity7

Avast Internet Security and Avast Premium free trial
« on: May 12, 2013, 12:53:17 AM »
Hello Im currently using Avast Internet Security (and love it) and am curious about avast premium free trial. I have a need to remotely use another computer and have been using google chrome remote which is difficult to use and very limited. Id like to try avast Premium free trial to see if its remote works much better but have two questions.

1) Does the Access Anywhere 'configure this computer to be remotely accessible' work on the trial?

2) Most importantly if I decide not to use the premium version do I have to reinstall internet security when the trial expires? Also if I do does it count as one of the 3 installations permitted on the license? Im already using 2 installs, 1 for the desktop and 1 for the laptop and want to keep the 3rd install available as im contemplating buying a new pc but havent decided if it will be a laptop or desktop (power gaming machine)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Avast Internet Security and Avast Premium free trial
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 03:35:10 AM »
1) Does the Access Anywhere 'configure this computer to be remotely accessible' work on the trial?
Yes.

2) Most importantly if I decide not to use the premium version do I have to reinstall internet security when the trial expires? Also if I do does it count as one of the 3 installations permitted on the license? Im already using 2 installs, 1 for the desktop and 1 for the laptop and want to keep the 3rd install available as im contemplating buying a new pc but havent decided if it will be a laptop or desktop (power gaming machine)
Yes, you can go back for the licensed Internet Security. I suggest an installation from scratch to get it back.
The best things in life are free.

Entity7

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 06:49:47 PM »
Hello

One question was not answered so I need to ask again. If I do a complete reinstall after the free trial expires does it count as another install used on the Pro license (3 of 3)? I have 1 install left and if reactivating after a reinstall counts as another use Id rather not go ahead with the free trial.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2013, 06:58:10 PM »
Hello

One question was not answered so I need to ask again. If I do a complete reinstall after the free trial expires does it count as another install used on the Pro license (3 of 3)? I have 1 install left and if reactivating after a reinstall counts as another use Id rather not go ahead with the free trial.
If you have a three user license then as long as avast is only installed on three systems maximum those systems can be uninstalled and reinstalled as many times as you like.

Note that all licenses are active once you purchase the license, not once you install them.