Author Topic: Can some one help please? Crashing constantly!  (Read 2634 times)

jnero

Can some one help please? Crashing constantly!
« on: February 19, 2005, 12:34:28 AM »
I am running the home version of Avast. MS products are crashing all the time but not as bad since I consolidated the icons in tray together. Outlook is no longer crashing when I shut down but Word and Excel crash all the time. I am not getting the blue screen of death. Just the typical Office crash where it wants to reload it. That does not correct the problem at all. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times. I am running XP Home on a Celeron P3 Toshiba Laptop. 512mb of ram. Avast also found a virus on my system. W32 Trojan. When it does the boot scan I get this error message. c:\clamav-devel\log\freshclam.log Error OXC0000022
I have no idea what this means. I have had to run the boot scan three times before it found all the files that were infected. (I hope) I like the product but I a can no longer use Word or Excel so if some one can please guide me through correcting this problem I would eternally be gratefull.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Can some one help please? Crashing constantly!
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2005, 12:41:12 AM »
- Make sure clamav is completely removed from your system. (including the registry entries)
- reboot
- do a repair of Avast
- reboot

Also:
check the log files of both Windows as well as Avast and let us know if there are any errors in them.
(if there are tell us what exact ones ofcourse)

To make sure your system is clean:
click on the link in my signature and follow the instructions in the malware removal section