Author Topic: Problem with AutoSandBox + Firefox  (Read 4806 times)

cdonts

Problem with AutoSandBox + Firefox
« on: February 17, 2013, 05:44:45 AM »
Hello. First of all, sorry for my English, it's not very good, I hope you'll understand.
Ok, here's the problem. I recently download and installed Firefox (18 if I'm right). When I run it, it's automatically opened by the avast sandbox. Well, I say, "no problem, I'll disable it.". But here's the problem, I disabled completely the sandbox and firefox continues opening by autosandbox! I searched on the web, but there's no other people with the same problem, so this it's my unique solution.

I'll leave some images. Don't look at the language (Spanish), check out the "Activar AutoSandBox", it's disabled!

I also reboot the system, but no answer ):
Hope you can help me, thanks!

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Problem with AutoSandBox + Firefox
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 07:38:25 PM »
Check if the process is not into the Sandbox settings.
The best things in life are free.

cdonts

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2013, 09:15:31 PM »
I think you've a newest version of avast, or whatever, I couldn't find that. But, supposedly the AutoSandbox is totally disabled, that's the problem.

Thank you so much for your reply. Any other idea?

thanks! (-:

Edit: Also if I enable the AutoSandbox and select the "Ask before" option, It runs automatically, no questions before :S
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 09:33:15 PM by cdonts »

Offline miguelgrado

• Advanced Poster
  • Admin ForoAntispyware
    • Foroantispyware
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2013, 10:36:53 PM »
herramientas adicionales-sandbox-opciones avanzadas-exclusiones y busca el directorio de firtefox.exe y añadelo

iroc9555

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2013, 11:36:08 PM »
.... I couldn't find that....

cdonts. Which Avast! do you have; Free, Pro, AIS ?

If you do not have Sandbox, as Tech asked above, You are running Free and if you have FREE, the question would be; How on earth you got FF autosandboxed ?

In the Avast! Free version Autosandbox works if a program or file executed is suspicious ( see criteria for autosandox a file in your image ) so the other question would be; Where did you download FF from ?

BTW: If you do not feel comfortable writing English, there is a Spanish forum here:
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=25.0
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 11:38:15 PM by iroc9555 »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2013, 01:27:30 AM »
Do you use Portable Firefox?
The best things in life are free.

cdonts

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2013, 03:57:13 AM »
herramientas adicionales-sandbox-opciones avanzadas-exclusiones y busca el directorio de firtefox.exe y añadelo

En ambos lugares está la exclusión de firefox, tanto en el sandbox como en las exclusiones generales. Gracias por tu respuesta.

.... I couldn't find that....

cdonts. Which Avast! do you have; Free, Pro, AIS ?

If you do not have Sandbox, as Tech asked above, You are running Free and if you have FREE, the question would be; How on earth you got FF autosandboxed ?

In the Avast! Free version Autosandbox works if a program or file executed is suspicious ( see criteria for autosandox a file in your image ) so the other question would be; Where did you download FF from ?

BTW: If you do not feel comfortable writing English, there is a Spanish forum here:
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=25.0

Hello, thanks for your reply. I'm currently using avast! 7 Free.
I said that I couldn't found Tech's image menu, I've another menu, with similar options.
I got Firefox from the mozilla site, official mirrors and that. It's the spanish version, I'll try to download the English one and check out.
No problem about writing English, if you can understand, of course (-:

Do you use Portable Firefox?

Nop.

Also firefox directory and .exe are excluded, I added to the Exceptions list. And, of course, AutoSandbox is disabled. So rare.
Thanks a lot for your replies. Any other idea?

Bye.

Edit: I download the en-US version and no answer, the same problem.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 04:23:04 AM by cdonts »

iroc9555

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2013, 02:40:14 PM »

En ambos lugares está la exclusión de firefox, tanto en el sandbox como en las exclusiones generales. Gracias por tu respuesta.

" In both places is the exclusion of firefox, both in the sandbox as in the general exclusions. Thanks for your answer "

So you are telling Miguelgrado, you got either Avast! Pro or Avast! IS because FF is excluded in AutoSandbox and Sandbox

Hello, thanks for your reply. I'm currently using avast! 7 Free.

But here you are telling me you have Avast! FREE which does not have Sandbox. Ok, it does not matter. It seems there is a little mix up with what you think is Sandbox in A!Pro and A!IS and what is Autosandbox in A!Free. This is what you are going to do:

1.) Download and save to your desktop aswclear.exe

2.) Download and save a fresh copy of Avast!Free

http://files.avast.com/iavs5x/avast_free_antivirus_setup.exe

3.) Open Avast! > Settings > Troubleshooting > Untick " Enable Avast! self-defense module ".

4.) Uninstall Avast! normally through Control Panel > Programs & feature ( Vista, W7 ) or Add and Remove programs ( XP ). Reboot. If you can not complete this step, continue with step # 5   

5.) Even if you were able to uninstall Avast! in step # 4, it is important to run aswclear.exe in safe mode for any Avast! you may have had before and then for v. 7. Reboot into normal mode after uninstall.

How to run aswclear.exe in safe mode:

https://support.avast.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=1062#idt_02

7.) Reinstall fresh copy of Avast!Free and reboot.

Be aware. Avast! will offer Chrome during installment. Remember to opt-out if you do not want it.

After you reboot your fresh copy of Avast! free open Avast! and go to:

ADITIONAL PROTECTION > AutoSandbox > Settings > AutoSandbox Mode, and switch it to "Ask". Then open FF. Any alerts ?

« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 02:51:53 PM by iroc9555 »

cdonts

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2013, 07:38:32 PM »
Hello again, thank you so much for your reply. I'll try your solution right now and comment after that!

cdonts

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2013, 08:52:35 PM »
Perfect, now it works. Thanks for your help!