Author Topic: Avast 8 WHY you delete my VFP6.EXE?  (Read 2747 times)

chawacho

Avast 8 WHY you delete my VFP6.EXE?
« on: April 23, 2013, 07:18:01 AM »
1. Avast detects that C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\Vfp98\VFP6.EXE is a virus, so it just delete it by itself, without asking.

2. This program has been used for many years, and I take care my PC security seriously.

3. Another colleague of mine which uses different installation CD of the same VFP6 (installed years ago), and also using Avast, also face the same issue (VFP6.EXE get deleted). Others who not using Avast have no problem.

And together with that annoying SOFTWARE UPDATER which seems could NEVER turn off, I started having a doubt on your product.

true indian

Re: Avast 8 WHY you delete my VFP6.EXE?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 07:20:33 AM »
Avast's default action is move to chest and not delete and you didnt show us the avast pop alert that came??

go to Avast User Interface>>Maintainence>>Virus Chest>>and if the file is there right click and hit restore and then right click and hit submit to virus lab and select false positive and fill in the form and send the file.

chawacho

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 07:50:10 AM »
I installed Avast with default settings and never touch on the Action setting. As I checked just now, it default to move to chest, if fail, delete.

Yeah I've submitted false positive just before I posted to this forum.

And then now, I'm not allowed to do anything. I've copied the VFP6.EXE from another PC to my PC, then Avast prompted malware again, then I put the Action to Ask, it just allow to Move to chest, Delete or Block.

BUT, if I manually scan the VFP6.EXE, it says no threat found.

Offline Milos

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 09:47:10 AM »
Hello,
send the file to virus@avast.com, please. And put "False positive" to email subject.

Milos