Author Topic: Avast Pro and Avast Internet Security equal as far as online banking protection?  (Read 2109 times)

nine9s

I have been using Avast 8 for last month or so and enjoy it and want to get Avast Pro or Avast IS mainly to reward Avast for a good product and add peace of mind for banking and online transactions.

Both Pro and IS have SafeZone which protects your browsing from 3rd party programs. Does the firewall in IS add any "needed" protection as far as online banking or does SafeZone cover it as far as what Avast offers for online banking?

For example, In MRG Effitas banking tests, where it showed Avast Internet Security to pass its banking tests, would Avast Internet Security add anything over Avast Pro (in other words, does the firewall add anything or was it just the AV and SafeZone, which is in both, that made Avast IS pass that test)?

Reference:   http://www.mrg-effitas.com/wp-conten...port-20121.pdf

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
Depending upon which version of Windows you use (XP, Vista, Win7 or Win8).
With Vista or newer you will probably be safe with the Windows Firewall and avast Pro.
If you are using XP I would suggest either AIS or a third party firewall.
Definitely using Safezone will greatly improve your banking security.  :)
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

nine9s

Windows 7 X64.

Two questions on SafeZOne:

Can you minimize SafeZone so you can see normal O/S and applications while using it?  I like to look at my banks and brokerages and copy figures to Excel. 

Also, can you save files you download from SafeZone's browser to use in regular O/S?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 05:57:23 AM by nine9s »