Author Topic: failure to apply antivrus' suggestion following scan  (Read 1877 times)

michalb

failure to apply antivrus' suggestion following scan
« on: April 27, 2013, 03:57:52 PM »
I just installed avast! pro, and after running a thorogh scan, tried to click the "apply" button in order to store the ifected results in a chest. The button simply wouldn't click. I'm also unable to see anything in the "action" and "result" colums. Help, anyone?

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
Re: failure to apply antivrus' suggestion following scan
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2013, 04:00:53 PM »
What was the file name and location that was unable to be amended

michalb

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2013, 04:16:35 PM »
I know very little about those things. Perhaps .bin? (I think). I can't click on any of the specific files.

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2013, 04:35:05 PM »
Are you able to screensot the results page so that I can see the data

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2013, 05:06:06 PM »
I know very little about those things. Perhaps .bin? (I think). I can't click on any of the specific files.

If they follow this file name format pkgxxxxxxxxx.bin where the xxxxxxxxx is a sequence of alphanumeric characters and is in the C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\defs\XXXXXXXX_stream where the XXXXXXXX is a date format (see image example, click to expand). Then these are old streaming updates that have been removed by avast housekeeping after a regular virus definitions update.

You can't delete or take action on what isn't there, that is why the Apply button is greyed out.

Files that can't be scanned are just that,  not suspicious or infected, just files that can't be scanned and avast would give the reason why they can't be scanned as opposed to a malware name of a detection.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.6.6121 (build 24.6.9241.848) UI 1.0.809/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security